Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Starlet Sr Engine Conversion

Toby

Right, Andy from toyotasera.co.uk has sourced me a 5efhe but as i gather its fairly major surgery. I need your views on if its worth going for the 5efhe or sourcing a 5efe. Will my gearbox take it? Im getting coilovers, uprating the brakes but will everything else take the extra power. I just need all your opinions on either swaps and if anybody has done either conversion that would help greatly. cheers toby.

Whats the difference between the 2 engines? If you are going to the trouble of putting a new engine in why not put a starlet turbo engine in? I know a bloke who has a smashed up Starlet Turbo for sale complete for £500! Its not too badly smashed but the chassis is bent so it cant or isnt worth repairing!

I think...... the 5efe was the uk spec engine from the paseo 100 bhp. The 5efhe was the hybrid jap import engine from the sera. Does he want 500 for the whole lot, i.e gearbox, intercooler, ecu etc and what model is it. ep 80 or ep92? cheers toby

toby i ve the 5efe in. its basically a 3hr job keepin your own wifing loom (Sportif) and changin over the throttle body on the inlet manifold. the conections are different on it.

part from that everything is near enough the same swap over gearbox starter altenator service and ecu and a away ya goes

I'm 95% certain the same applies for the 5E-FHE but for extra power.

I wouldn't bother with the 5EFE it's only 89bhp!!! Even the HFE is just 110bhp...

I agree with wrcstarlet you may as well wack the 4EFTE in & be done with it.

500 notes for a Starlet Turbo sounds interesting, it must be mashed to hell?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links