Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Few Questions B9010 ('08 Avensis) Line In.

Crispy2

Hi all,

New to the forums.

Just got a 2008 Toyota Avensis TR D-4D. This is my first Toyota.

I've been mostly Ford up until now. I had a nice setup in my last car with a fitpc serving as media play with couple of webcams using my phone as a display unit. Was hoping to at least a get the media bit going in this new car using a Line IN / Aux In sorted via an cd changer input or something similar.

The stereo is a Sat Nav type unit with the model name B9010 on the front.

First impressions were what I lovely screen for rear cam but reading up on another thread I see thats unlikely to work so I'll stick to my old setup.

Searching the forums most people refer to this site (http://www.ae101.nl/fullmap/B9010/B9010-rear.jpg) for a picture of the back and pin outs. Sadly this site no longer exists and archive.org did not reap the pictures.

Most of the aftermarket line in / bluetooth units only seem to list every stereo up to B900/B9005.

I was hoping to fit one of these (advanced) or just something simple like this that I'm used to

So to those that have gone before me:

I see lots of references to TNS700 in regards B9010 whats the relationship? Are there different versions of B9010?

Has someone got pictures of Pinouts / spare inputs on back of stereo?

Has anyone actually got this stereo and sucessful got a line in going? If so whats my best bet.

Thanks in advace.

I have my suspicions it won't be easy to do what I want on this particular model of stereo compared to other ones but I can live in hope.

Crispy

Hi & welcome.

seeing as nobody else has posted iirc the TNS700 is the B9010 (at least in the UK). Two names for the same thing.

This may be a photo of the rear in this thread http://board.toyota-forum.de/showthread.php/98857-TNS700-B9010-in-der-Celica-T23-BILDER!

Thanks

Seems to be the guy who wrote that website ae101 replying. He's dutch replying on a german forum (apologizes for poor german) so google translate is a bit sketchy.

So for others I think this is right (although someone please confirm espically what is connected by default.

Front Pic:

604rn.jpg

Rear Pic:

74016442fh5.jpg

ae101 on toyotaownersclub.de Translated stated (I converted little bit to proper english):

A: Sensor (gear, hand brake, speed)
B: CD changer
C: Power and front Speakers
D: Rear speaker
E: Steering wheel controls and audio (headphones back) <--- Direct translation Optional mic on wheel I don't have perhaps for voice commands listed in manual. Not sure about headphone reference.
F: GPS antenna
G: No idea! Maybe FM antenna
H: FM antenna

[Anyone else find aerial on back window awful? I can't pickup half the stations I used to on my Mondeo with traditional aerial. Those I can get quality is certainly less (hiss etc).]

So B seems to be what I'm after and seems to match the aux devices pic (upside down)

Toyota-connector.jpg

Will do some more research to confirm before I buy a more costly aux in device (bluetooth would be nice).

If you are connected via bluetooth AND have something plugged in to the 3.5mm jack whats the behaviour?

Mutlplexs? bluetooth overrides?

Still need to do some more reading on how to remove the thing safely. Won't have a go for a while until dealer I bought it from sorts a few things out on the car. Brakes that strangely had no advisory on their mot yet did on last two previous. Most annoying thing I've got a strong left pull >70MPH and wheel shake at >75. Tracking or wheel balancing I suppose as wheel bearing would have shown up on mot but they get to fix for free this weekend either way

Really enjoying the 6 speed gearbox suits my driving style much better than a 5 speed. I have hour drive to work so I'm playing about trying to keep average MPG above 50.

I'll post some pics / record my progress for others as I do it.

http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product.php?partno=CTVTYX002

This product is raises some doubts whether it will work with this radio as it has the line:

Please note: This interface is not compatible with the standard Toyota Navigation unit.

Which I guess this stereo is.

Would really be great if someone can confirm they have fitted an aux to this specific model of stereo and which model they used.

• 1 month later...

Has anybody tried this yet and confirmed whether or not it works? I'm a proud new owner of an 08 TR d4d running a B9010 and desperate to get an aux input whilst keeping the factory head unit. I've spent literally hours scouring the Internet for a definitive answer with no luck yet!

If CD changer / bluetooth was a factory option one would assume it must be possible?? If not I may just buy a cheap interface and test it out and will report my findings.

Hello by the way - I'm a new member and new to Toyota, coming from largely a VAG and Mazda background. Looking forward to getting stuck in to Avensis ownership!

Hi,

I've not proceeded any further currently will I ponder my options as I am not happy with the radio quality which I use a lot.

Having a similar car to me you might be able to confirm some of these issues for me.

Is your aerial on top of your rear windscreen?
Is your car a hatchback?
Do you find your radio reception to be very poor in general and even strong stations like radio1/classic fm have artifacts?
Does use of rear heated windscreen completely destroy all radio reception?

I have found use of rear wipers disrupts the radio signal. First I thought because the brushes in the motor but now I have discovered use of rear heated windscreen is even worse I suspect its interference caused by strong current in a cable on the same cable run as the aerial.
If you could confirm this would be great so I know its a massive design flaw rather than a fault with my car.

Due to these issues I thinking I either need to change aerial (something sitting loose on tray above boot maybe?) or upgrade to a dab radio to get clean listening. Sat Nat is ok. I like it but it does not display speed cams (EU law I think) and does not allow tinkering with route unless is a assigned to a quick access button. I also want Aux / bluetooth.

So my thinking at moment is it really worth bolting on a aux then a dab or just replace whole thing?

In mean time I have been making do with this Bluetooth to FM transmitter for £7.50.

I'd thought i'd mention it as there are alot of similar looking things that offer bluetooth handsfree AND aux to FM transmission but NOT bluetooth->FM A2DP which is what you need to pipe music over. It works ok. Its does not remember FM station, track controls don't work in A2DP mode, holding call button down phones last call.

As to you proceeding getting an AUX I have confirm using pics above that you have a CD Changer input required. The grey area is if the device can talk the right protocol to the stereo. I believe some of the manufacturers offer a trial period to try it out if your willing to pull out the stereo on a maybe.

The other tip I will give if you have a diesel model. I was running a bit low on fuel the other day on the motorway and pulled into a Shell. It was bit busy and I was in a rush so I went to the empty pump that contains the fuel with added bits. I stuck in 20 litres of Diesel nitro plus. DON'T DO IT!

My car would not cold start properly after this. Took me about 12 attempts to start the engine.

Was not especially cold. I don't think I have a problem with my glow plugs as since I used up the fuel and replaced with standard it has started just fine even on cold days.

If you could answer my questions that would be great. If you get any further than me with AUX let me know how it goes and I will do the same.

Crispy

• 7 months later...

Hi Crispy,

I know this is a little of topic but you may be my saving grace lol!

I am in desperate need of the sat nav dvd disc for the B9010 - I picked my car up a few weeks ago to find it had no dvd. Any chance you could help me please?

Regards

Dean

try eBay. or you can always pay full price (£150+ iirc) to Toyota.

Cheers for your reply, been looking about and they all seem to be East / West Europe and no UK ones sadly.

I know we don't consider ourselves part of Europe in the UK really but would it not come under West Europe?

I'll pop the disk out of the car tonight on way home and note the title. I'll try duping it and give it a go in my car but I'm willing to bet it won't accept writable disks or has some form of cunning protection.

To be honest though I don't tend to use it much. It has no speed camera data.

As europe law does not allow speed camera data in their sat Navs apparently.

Although I only speed somewhat on motorways I find speed cameras as so unforgiving and often placed in places like bottom of hills etc to catch people go before they have chance to adjust speed.

It does get traffic updates which are useful. don't auto turn on route adjustment though as places like A12 are often congested yet I don't want to go half way to south end to go around it.

Let me know if you get a line in working as I've had no time to tinker with it (and likely won't until summer). My first kid will be spawned in few months so DIYing etc like crazy now.

Cheers for your reply Crispy, I am off work today and have practically spent the whole day trying to resolve this lol!

What I have found out so far from a local Toyota garage is that the the code for the DVD maybe 86271-24126. I found a guy on eBay selling a few discs which started with 86271 but his last bit of code was different so I have sent him a message also asking if he could provide any more code number details.

The local garage went on to say they could order the disc set in - but would be over £700!!!! As you could well imagine I was not going with that for sure!

Reference to your Europe and UK point, it seems some disc sets have UK included, some don't, so it get's rather confusing. Does yours have a pack of discs or just the one can I ask?

Again cheers for getting back to me.

Crispy2 iirc certainly the later Toyota DVDs had some pretty effective DRM/copy protection.

& iirc only France does not allow Speed Camera info on satnavs. On my T27 you can switch that data on or off for when you are transiting.

I know about the vid thx. Lots of hassle. Plus those clips are easy to remove the second time but often not the first.

I have a 4 DVD plastic case that come with the car. Main number list as being E10.

Each DVD is labelled Europe North/Central/East/West.

The one I use is the West one.

4269b7358218558.jpg

Notice the map on DVD white areas are what is covered on that particular dvd.

Thanks for info about SpeedCams. Have no option that I can see.

• Like 1

Cheers for getting back to me and posting up the photo mate, still on the case lol!

• 4 months later...

Hi Crispy,

I know this is a little of topic but you may be my saving grace lol!

I am in desperate need of the sat nav dvd disc for the B9010 - I picked my car up a few weeks ago to find it had no dvd. Any chance you could help me please?

Regards

Dean

Did you find a map disk in the end?

Here's the one from mine (all be it rather old now!):

20150307_145210.jpg

The part number seems to tally with 'Gen 5' on Toyota's map store.

I got one in the end mate, bought from eBay was my final option.

• 8 months later...

Hi all,

Has anyone successfully incorporated one of these Aux/USB CD interface units to their B9010 head unit? It'd be great to have this sort of functionality added, without having to replace the unit.

I saw a bluetooth dongle as well that would plug in to the 3.5mm jack, adding wireless streaming, which was less than £4!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Has anyone successfully incorporated one of these Aux/USB CD interface units to their B9010 head unit? It'd be great to have this sort of functionality added, without having to replace the unit.

I saw a bluetooth dongle as well that would plug in to the 3.5mm jack, adding wireless streaming, which was less than £4!

I missed your query, as I don't look in this section as much, plus your topic is slightly different. It should have been new.

There are lots of options as you head unit has the standard CD Changer port, which is used for plugging the USB/SD/Aux adapter.

Look at the following links of what I did: http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/169513-added-usbbluetooth-adaptor-to-w53828-in-avensis-mk3/

This kit works with all Toyota's with the same connection.

Search for Avensis USB adaptor or adapter, and it does not matter if the cak is mk2 or mk3.

Hi all,

I missed your query, as I don't look in this section as much, plus your topic is slightly different. It should have been new.

There are lots of options as you head unit has the standard CD Changer port, which is used for plugging the USB/SD/Aux adapter.

Look at the following links of what I did: http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/169513-added-usbbluetooth-adaptor-to-w53828-in-avensis-mk3/

This kit works with all Toyota's with the same connection.

Search for Avensis USB adaptor or adapter, and it does not matter if the cak is mk2 or mk3.

Hi Konrad C,

Thanks for the response. Judging from the first post in this thread, I was sure I was in the right place. I think the thread got side tracked at some point.

I wish I'd seen your guide for fitting the LaPower adapter first! I ended up getting the connects2 which cost almost twice as much and doesn't support playback from USB drive. It does work a treat though and I have all my music on my phone, so I'll just have to accept that one .

If anyone stumbles across this forum, as I did, definitely skip to Konrad Cs guide. Very comprehensive and will save you around £40!

Happy moding

• 8 months later...

So Officially if i have good understanding of this topic, bluetooth and usb adapter are worth to buy for b9010 unit?

• 6 months later...
On 28/11/2015 at 10:34 AM, Stubbsy said:

Hi all,

I have the B9010 in my Avensis 08.

I have used the same adaptor that Konrad recommended and it does work (calls/music with aux/bluetooth) but for some reason the unit will disconect from the 'cd changer' at its own will.

In the middle of a call (after just 20 or seconds) it will revert to the normal CD player, and play the CD, and hitting the DISC button to change it back to the CD changer will not work. The only way to get it working again is to switch the engine on and off - which then brings the CD changer option back.

Has anyone has a simlar issue or successfully incorporated one of these Aux/USB CD interface units to their B9010 head unit? 

The bluetooth is a bit poor with the audio quality, but via the aux the sound is crisp for both calls and music.

It has only been a few days, and I am trying to get a fix for this issue. I will update if I find anything. If anyone has any info to help, that would be great!

Thanks guys

On 22/08/2016 at 1:10 AM, Kaizen86 said:

So Officially if i have good understanding of this topic, bluetooth and usb adapter are worth to buy for b9010 unit?

Did you get it working??

On 05/03/2014 at 11:36 PM, derval said:

Has anybody tried this yet and confirmed whether or not it works? I'm a proud new owner of an 08 TR d4d running a B9010 and desperate to get an aux input whilst keeping the factory head unit. I've spent literally hours scouring the Internet for a definitive answer with no luck yet!

If CD changer / Bluetooth was a factory option one would assume it must be possible?? If not I may just buy a cheap interface and test it out and will report my findings.

Hello by the way - I'm a new member and new to Toyota, coming from largely a VAG and Mazda background. Looking forward to getting stuck in to Avensis ownership!

Did you try anything out? Please update if you did. Thanks!

On 04/02/2014 at 10:39 PM, Crispy2 said:

http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product.php?partno=CTVTYX002

This product is raises some doubts whether it will work with this radio as it has the line:

Please note: This interface is not compatible with the standard Toyota Navigation unit.

Which I guess this stereo is.

Would really be great if someone can confirm they have fitted an aux to this specific model of stereo and which model they used.

Any luck on your side with fitting an aux?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links