Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Keyless Entry (Just Bought A 2007 Rav4 Petrol Xt5)

Seth1

I have just bought a 2007 Rav4 2.00Ltr Petrol XT5 for my wife from a member on here! - (What a Gentleman I have to say) - so pleased with it...but I have 1 question...

Being that it is keyless entry what happens if the Battery dies completely.....can you still get in ??
Many thanks in advance!
  • Like 1

Yes you can still get in and start the car. on the side of your fob is a small button press this button whilst holding the fob a pull on the key chain, this will release an emergency key blade which fits the key barrel on the door ( the barrel may be stiff !!! ) once in start the car in the normal way whilst holding the fob on/over the start button

• Like 1

Lee thanks for that ... Forums are so good for these types of discussions / problem solving!

Seth,

as Lee says, the lock can get very stiff if the key is never used in it. I tend to operate and, if necessary, lubricate the lock mechanism when I do the oil/washer fluid checks. I have had to use the mechanical key once when the keyless system was being swamped by RF interference. This has happened to a few members and can be overcome if you unlock "mechanically" and put the fob next to the start button when you operate it. It's a bit disconcerting when it happens though! HTH

• Like 1

Seth,

as Lee says, the lock can get very stiff if the key is never used in it. I tend to operate and, if necessary, lubricate the lock mechanism when I do the oil/washer fluid checks. I have had to use the mechanical key once when the keyless system was being swamped by RF interference. This has happened to a few members and can be overcome if you unlock "mechanically" and put the fob next to the start button when you operate it. It's a bit disconcerting when it happens though! HTH

Chris - good call - I will do that the weekend.....

We had to buy this car because her current Car (Audi TT) was not fit for purpose. as in we have started a business up recently that requires some boot / rear space.....she was not wanting to change but after 2 days she is over the moon with it!

• Like 1

Seth,

Chris - good call - I will do that the weekend.....

We had to buy this car because her current Car (Audi TT) was not fit for purpose. as in we have started a business up recently that requires some boot / rear space.....she was not wanting to change but after 2 days she is over the moon with it!

......and sending her out in it in this, or any other, weather you won't have to worry about her. As I've said before on here, my XT5 is the best 4x4 I've ever had - and that is a good few! If you want to tow a lot of heavy loads, then you want something else, but for comfort and confidence in bad road or softroad conditions, you won't beat it. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links