Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Turbo Help/ Boost Pressure Sensor

jsaunder

Hi guys,

I recently purchased a 92 hilux surf and am having some issues with my turbo and hoping you guys can help me out. So after doing some research of my own on the forum I am fairly confident I know the issue but still got a couple question to clarify some things, so here it goes.

I read a few post about peoples turbo light not coming on while driving but coming on when the key is turned on and also having poor acceleration and lack of power on hills, I am having this same issue. So after reading some post about making sure the vaccum hose to the boost pressure sensor is hooked up, I went and check mine and noticed mine had neither the hose to the boost sensor or the short little J shaped hose coming out the bottom, I've saved the photo from that forum for reference.

So finally, a couple question, is their a standard size or gauge for these vaccum hoses? Where does the J shaped one coming out the bottom connect to and anyone have any idea why these would have been removed?

post-137885-0-79912500-1391540544_thumb.

Got it all solved now, the truck has a has a noticeable amount of more power at 2100 rpm onwards, can actually accelerate uphill on the highway. Just got two vaccum hoses and put them on, maybe a 10 minute job at a cost of $2.50 and boom, turbo light now comes on and i can pass people on the highway. Hope this helps for anyone else having this lack of power problem.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links