Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth

Mike169

Hi all, i hope you are all well, ok here's one for you........so on my windscreen i have 2 phone holders, one for my phone and one for the boss........she and i recently got new dog and bones, bluetooth capable of course, i have connected mine to the car and it works well, very well in fact.

Can i tune in my wife's phone as well, like can the car handle having 2 phones with different phone numbers for receiving or sending calls or will tuning in her phone interrupt my one so to speak?

Just thought i'd ask before i try to install the troubles to see if anyone else has done the same?

Regards Mike169

I thought so too. I have another bluetooth question which may as well go on this thread. I'll be getting it in my new Aygo and does it allow you to listen to text messages?

I can tell you that mine only makes the sound when a message arrives but does not read it out loud for you... (that's what the wife is for ;))

• Like 2

I thought so too. I have another bluetooth question which may as well go on this thread. I'll be getting it in my new Aygo and does it allow you to listen to text messages?

Our RAV 4.3 tells you when a txt arrives and asks if you want it read out. It also allows you to reply by speaking the reply txt. It generally works very well.

Not sure about the Aygo. Maybe best to ask on Aygo forum or check it out with your dealer.

• Like 1

How does that work then, the text being read out etc ? I have a Nexus 4, connects fine, but I cannot stream my music through the car !! I bet there is loads of options in my car, but the ICE unit in the Ravs is a bitch to navigate around it. Played with it many times and I'm still finding things !!

How does that work then, the text being read out etc ? I have a Nexus 4, connects fine, but I cannot stream my music through the car !! I bet there is loads of options in my car, but the ICE unit in the Ravs is a !Removed! to navigate around it. Played with it many times and I'm still finding things !!

When a txt arrives on the phone, the nice lady in my T&G unit says, "You have a new txt. You can read it or ignore". So you say "read it" or "ignore" as you wish; if the former, then the nice lady reads it out after which she says , "You can reply or say 'done'". If you say "reply", she then asks you to speak your reply and she reads it back to you. If it's OK, you say "send" and away it goes. If not, then you say "repeat" and say the revised/corrected reply.

I don't getting nothing like that. I'm connected to take and make calls, but no text etc. Did you have to alter the settings on the head unit in the car ? What head unit do you have, there should be a number top left corner of the unit.

I don't getting nothing like that. I'm connected to take and make calls, but no text etc. Did you have to alter the settings on the head unit in the car ? What head unit do you have, there should be a number top left corner of the unit.

No number, Bobby. It's a Touch & Go with SatNav.

'Fraid I'm a bit of an IT luddite so I try to avoid messing with settings. All I did when I first got the car was pair my phone with it and left it to it. I was quite pleased when the car started playing my tunes from my phone.

Ah...that's maybe what it is. I have a so called top end Nexus 4, but it does not stream music in the car, so if it does not do that, that may explain why it does not do the text option you get !! I am probably going to upgrade to the Nexus 5, maybe that will work better. I really could do with some input from another Nexus 4 owner...and of course, they have a Rav4 :)

'Fraid I'm a bit of an IT luddite so I try to avoid messing with settings. All I did when I first got the car was pair my phone with it and left it to it. I was quite pleased when the car started playing my tunes from my phone.

That sounds more like a Windows phone doing that rather than the T & G, is it a windows phone?

I had a windows phone and it was excellent in the Rav, I now have a iPhone and it streams music a treat but is lousy with text messages :)

Concur with Gus......my Touch and Pish did not receive or allow me to text with my last outdated phone, a Nokia Steam Driven.

Have now got a Galaxy 3 of Samsung stable, which immediately gave me READ AND SEND of texts.......what and why Jamesy Firemac has with speech recog and speech text leaves me speechless. He's probably just dictating texts to his wife, who types and sends.......she likes to keep him happy.

Have worked out why my phone will not stream music to my car........haven't put any music on it yet......airse.......!

If it has anywhere near the sound quality of bluetooth binary music's harmonic distortion.......roll on turntables for cars ffs....

My Avensis has T&G Plus & does the speech bit.

OK, I have a 2011 Rav4 SR Auto and nearly everybody has stuff I don't have.

Have I got the Rav4 which was built just for Bobby McLeish, with less options than everyone else !!!

Surely the head units in the Ravs don't differ that much within a year or two of the models ie 2010>2011>2013 ?

I'll be honest, the unit in the Rav was put together by a muppet. It does have loads of options, but they are not easy to find.

For example. I have created a Playlist, can I actually play it, can I heck. I can alter it and delete it :bangin:

And WHY is the post code option on the sat nav on page two of the options....bloody joke !!!

OK, I have a 2011 Rav4 SR Auto and nearly everybody has stuff I don't have.

Have I got the Rav4 which was built just for Bobby McLeish, with less options than everyone else !!!

Surely the head units in the Ravs don't differ that much within a year or two of the models ie 2010>2011>2013 ?

I'll be honest, the unit in the Rav was put together by a muppet. It does have loads of options, but they are not easy to find.

For example. I have created a Playlist, can I actually play it, can I heck. I can alter it and delete it :bangin:

And WHY is the post code option on the sat nav on page two of the options....!Removed! joke !!!

I don't know about yours, Bobby, but on our RAV the T&G media handbook is bigger than the one for the car!

Originally I started reading it (being the good little luddite that I am) but gave up at page 10. Life's too short.

I don't know why car manufacturers don't take a leaf out of the PC makers' book (sic) and put the owner's manuals into the head unit as tutorials.

That sounds more like a Windows phone doing that rather than the T & G, is it a windows phone?

I had a windows phone and it was excellent in the Rav, I now have a iPhone and it streams music a treat but is lousy with text messages :)

Yes, Gus, it's a Nokia Lumia 800.

• 2 months later...

I have just picked up my RAV4 this weekend and bluetoothed my nokia phone to the RAV ok, phone calls, music but no text of emails. Looked at compatibility and nokia windows phones at the moment don't allow Short Function Messaging!