Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Speaker Removal

Scottish_SR

So has anyone come up with the a solution on how to remove the rear Speakers from their AE111 Corolla?? I can access them, just not totally sure how to get them out??

ross

• 2 months later...

Put the back seats forward then carefully lift the top speaker covers off using a straight blade screwdriver pushed into the slots hidden by the back seats.

Then remove the 3 10mm bolts holding the rear quarter plastic asembleys (the bits the Speakers are screwed into).

Prise out the back side covers enough tho get yur hands down the side and remove the dark coloured plastic push clip (1 each side of the car) also remove the light coloured plastic push clip lower down (easly accessable again behind the seat sides).

Remove the plastic hatch back lock cover, lift the carpet from either side of the boot and remove the push plastc clips holding the rear quarter plastic asemblys to the boot floor.

Carefully pull the rear quarter covers away from the car and you can now remove the crappy Toyota Speakers and replace them.

Ive managed to fit 2 Pioneer 13cm coaxials in place of the paper jobbies in my EE111 after enlargeing the holes (I know wouldnt pull the skin of a rice pudding but hey 44mpg). the install is completely invisible to the pass'r by

If any one has a reasonable solution for replaceing the front triangular fixing 16cm paper Speakers with out butchering the car im all ears.

Go to my website and read the guide on how to remove the front door panels, then take a 4.5mm drill bit, and drill into the 3 pop rivets to take them out.

then go to B&Q and get some thin mdf, and cut out the same triangular shape as the stock one in the car.

make a suitable size hole in your new mdf speaker holder for the size of Speakers you are goin to install (dont screw the speaker on the mdf cut out just yet)

get 3 nuts and screws, and attach the mdf cut out to the door. NOw screw your new Speakers onto the mdf cut out.

Finito!

Cheers guys, will have a look soon! :D :thumbsup: