Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla G6R

corollawrc

Hi, every one, New here, so I was wondering if any one can help me with a problem I have with my 1999 Corolla G6R, The dash light that tells you that a door is open is staying on very dimly, when car is left idle and locked, and after a period, Battery goes dead, sometimes alarm siren goes off, light goes off when ignition is switched on and running, a pal who is a mechanic changed relays and fuses and checked door switches with Snap on Diagnostics computer and nothing comes up, he reckons its a bad earth some where, any ideas, wiring loom seems ok every where,

Hello Damien - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Topic moved to the Corolla club - may get a better response from there.

Door light will stay on if the boot is open (lock faulty) or the bonnet is open (faulty switch)

Most courtesy lights are switched via ground (earth)

You need to check all your door switches. If they are all working OK then it's down to damaged wiring shorting out. Does the interior light stay on?

Hi Old Celica, The interior light does not stay on, I heard a beep beep sound coming from underneath where the alarm is situated under the washer tank and the car was locked with the alarm activated, and then it went off, alarm that is, I might change the door switches an see what happens..So far it hasn't gone off..Thanks for imfo lads.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links