Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting A Glove Box

SandyCat

We want to fit one of those Aygo glove box lids off eBay which say they are OEM and assume were an option when new.

So do they just clip onto the lower lip of the existing shelf or are other parts needed as well?

Thanks.

They should come with the screws required to fit to the bottom, all you need is a small handled philips screwdriver to get in the small space. :)

• Like 1

they look good, I think I'll get one for my new Aygo. Don't understand why Toyota couldn't just provide one in the first place considering all they cost is £30 lol

Mine came with one...

It's cheaper to buy one for the Peugeot 107 as the are the same size.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine came with one...It's cheaper to buy one for the Peugeot 107 as the are the same size.

Thanks for that x

I got mine off eBay. Look for Snowgroupwest. Item 261312866799. Quick delivery and it's the newer version with the sliding handle. I also found I didn't need to use the fittings. It just clipped on and has stayed on.

• Like 1

I got mine off Ebay. Look for Snowgroupwest. Item 261312866799. Quick delivery and it's the newer version with the sliding handle. I also found I didn't need to use the fittings. It just clipped on and has stayed on.

Looks simple to fit. I'm still on the fence about having one though cause I have had my window smashed before in order to look through the glove box so I'm wondering whether its better to have the cover off and just take valuable things inside the house.

I suppose if you had a glove box lid fitted, you could leave the glove box open whilst the car is parked overnight, etc to show there is nothing valuable inside.

Probably depends on your area. Never had any issues with them in over 30 years but yes just leave it open. It really looks neat when it's on.

Swopped mine over from old Aygo into new one before p/ex - 2 minute job.

So you have had it for half a day so I assume it's all fitted :thumbsup:

Yeah bud just clipped it in,but don't know what I'm supposed to do with the screws as it didn't come with instructions x

Have not bothered with the screws on ours as it fits tight and hasn't budged (so far)

I just fitted one of these too- really easy. Like others, I found that it didn't need the screws or plastics fixings but I fitted them anyway as I just couldn't force myself to throw them in the bin lol.

I just fitted one of these too- really easy. Like others, I found that it didn't need the screws or plastics fixings but I fitted them anyway as I just couldn't force myself to throw them in the bin lol.

That's why when you walk you squeak... So tight :lol:

You need a spanner to get 50p out of my palm and I'm not even a Scot lol :)

Fitted mine today ,what a difference to the inside cannot believe these are not standard fit from new. Peter

• 1 year later...

It seems on sites like eBay etc there are Glove box lids for both driver & passenger side,

Anyone got an opinion as to which is more useful?