Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Customer Service

AEB-UK

Hello all,

I've also posted this query in the General Forum, but since this is the forum I normally use I thought I'd pose the same question here too :-

My Daughter bought a new Aygo from John Roe Toyota in Hull 6 months ago.

However, she has had great difficulty getting them to look at the car to sort out some minor niggles she has with it.

She'd rather have it looked at before they become more serious.

However, their customer service towards her is very poor.

She has had problems getting through on the phone, with no-one answering for long periods of time.

When it is answered and she tries to speak with the service people they are always busy. They promise to call back, but don't.

I wonder if it is because she is an unaccompanied student, or whether their poor service extends to all of their customers?

Does anyone else have experience of dealing with John Roe Toyota in Hull?

I have had marvellous customer service over the years from my dealer here in Nottingham, and also in Derby where I bought my latest car.

I should also add that my Daughter has received wonderful service from Inchcape in Nottingham for her previous car, an aged Yaris which wasn't
even bought from them.

Hi, personally i would seek the main office of Toyota UK, any dealer i imagine would be obliged to give you their contact details especially one you are happy with and tell them how you feel, i am sure it can only help out.

My local dealer in Rayleigh, Essex are 100%, no problems, no issues and generally i feel the dealerships are ok.........i am sure Mr T. would like to know how you feel you are being treated and if necessary sort the dealership out in question if need

Regards Mike 169

Contact Toyota UK HQ!

My Toyota dealer couldn't be more helpful if they tried. They hav e made the odd mistake in the past but have always keen to correct this.

Toyota UK also send out a survey to most people who have had work carried out by a Toyota dealer. These are actually read and acted upon. If your daughter has had bad service, make it known on the survey!

Perhaps demand to speak with the boss and if no joy speak with Toyota HQ. Your experience doesn't reflect mine of Toyota. Infact we have two Toyotas in our house purely because of the excellent service we get from them and our dealers. I even had an expensive item paid for 10,000 miles outside of warranty! Can't say fairer than that.

Hope you get it sorted and please report back one way or another :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys.

As I said in my OP, we have had great customer service from Toyota her in Nottingham and in Derby, but not so in Hull.

I was canvassing for opinons of the Hull dealer in particular before I took this further.

Toyota dealers on the whole are pretty good, try and speak to the Centre Manager at John Roe in Hull, I'm sure this is just a misunderstanding that can be sorted out.

The alternative is to go to another dealer, but unfortunately Hull doe's not have an alternative dealer, your daughter would have to travel a distance, say Leeds or York,

You could try Toyota Customer Services:

By Telephone 0844 701 6202

Opening Hours:
8:30am - 6:00pm Monday - Friday
9:00am - 1:00pm Saturday

The Toyota Contact Centre is able to provide information and support to resolve your query quickly and effectively. Please note that calls to and from Toyota may be monitored or recorded. Calls cost 13.1p (inc.VAT) plus up to 4.08ppm from BT Unlimited Weekend Plan. Mobile and other providers' charges may vary.

I've never heard good or bad about Toyota in Hull.

Check with their boss and see how the land lies after that.

"Toyota UK also send out a survey to most people who have had work carried out by a Toyota dealer. These are actually read and acted upon. If your daughter has had bad service, make it known on the survey!"

Pretty sure the surveys are now done on a sample basis, rather than to the majority of people who have had work done - a retrograde step in my view.

Can remember when we bought new Corollas in 1996 and 1998, the dealers were really keen to get good feedback in the customer satisfaction surveys.

• Like 1

I have mixed experience of John Roe in Hull. Had a stand up argument with one of the younger parts guys when I wanted to order some 0-20 oil a cople of years ago for my father. Ended up getting an apology from the parts manager.

Sometimes when booking a service on the Hull number,the call was diverted to the Grimsby branch. also he needed the door mirror to be replaced whilst it was in for service ,as he was going on holiday in a couple of days and was in hospital at the time. The service reception could not reassure him that it would be done.

The chap who picked his car up was the parts manager (wish I could remember his name - really nice chap), he made certain it was sorted.

Mark

Thank you all for the replies.

Mark's the only one so far with experience of this particular dealership, although it was a couple of year ago.

Wasn't too good then it seems.

Sorry should have made it a bit clearer. The oil incident was a couple of years ago. The booking of the service and mirror repair was last September.

Mark

Thanks again Mark.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links