Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trade In Prices

Brybro

Hi guys I have a prius tspirit March 2013 (bought as ex Dem) appx 7000 mls Love the car hate the road noise from the wheels, so I am probably going to trade for a Lexus CT200H or a Peugot 508 RXH estate diesel hybrid (four wheel drive model). I wondered if anyone had any experience or views on either car, or if anyone new what I could reasonably expect as a trade in. The prius is in Cabernet Red and has factory fitted black leather, protection pack and has been superguard treated by the dealer. I would be looking to trade in for an ex dem or a clean car up to 18 months old. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Brybro

We have a CT200 in addition to our gen 2 tspirit prius and if you really cant stand the road noise from the Tspirit prius, it is highly likely that you will also dislike the road noise from the CT200. Should you have the choice of wheels, go for the smallest wheel with the tallest tyres on the CT since the larger the wheels, the harsher and more noisey the ride. From a trade in, you can reasonably expect to be seen off by dealers and their Glasses guide. They will aim to buy in for bottom book and sell out for top book. Your car has low mileage and the black leather option and so is highly desireable. You have just over 4 years warranty left on it and so any private punter isnt taking a risk as regards getting warranty support. The problem is, there are very few private buyers with enough cash to buy a private sale; most folks need finance which is where the dealers have their advantage. Try one of autotraders cheapest adverts since you have little to lose and a lot to gain.

Thanks Geof, appreciate the input I will give an ad a try, if I cant get a deal that suits. My thoughts are probably in favour of the 508 RXH Hybrid and I am waiting to hear from a contact at a local dealer to see if he can get me an ex Peugot mgt car. There are very few if any to the spec I would want currently available in Scottish Dealers. Which of your cars do you prefer the Toyota or the Lexus and do you think a Lexus 350 GS Hybrid would be a better option.

I traded my Gen 3 T-spirit for exactly the same reason, road noise. I got the Prius+ a much better ride and minimal road noise. Same mpg as the CT200h, less luxurious but as it is a T-Spirit, it has leather seats and Navigation which is enough for me and better than the Gen 3.

The bigger lexuses are very luxurious but less economical, very expensive and I have heard that the larger wheel options are also noisy and harsh.

Thanks Kithmo never thought of the prius plus as an option I will wander into the dealer and get a test drive. Did you get the plus with the smaller wheels and pano roof ?

Thanks Geof, appreciate the input I will give an ad a try, if I cant get a deal that suits. My thoughts are probably in favour of the 508 RXH Hybrid and I am waiting to hear from a contact at a local dealer to see if he can get me an ex Peugot mgt car. There are very few if any to the spec I would want currently available in Scottish Dealers. Which of your cars do you prefer the Toyota or the Lexus and do you think a Lexus 350 GS Hybrid would be a better option.

I prefer our Lexus CT200 with 16 inch wheels and fabric seats to our Gen 2 prius T spirit with 16 inch wheels and leather seats. If I were to be looking at the Peugot verses the 350GS, the peugot design department are producing some externally very appealing cars( if I ignore the badge) whilst I would sooner sit inside the superior interior of the Lexus. I wouldn't know about road noise levels in either of your options though.

Thanks Kithmo never thought of the prius plus as an option I will wander into the dealer and get a test drive. Did you get the plus with the smaller wheels and pano roof ?

No the T-spirit has the 17" wheels, but they are not noisy or harsh. It does have the Panoramic roof which was fitted to both the T4 and the T-Spirit when the Plus first came out. The T4 has the smaller wheels but is(was) available with leather seats and Nav but has a lower version of the Touch & Go, the T-Spirit has Touch & Go plus.

I think they have just changed the names of the two models now to Icon & Excel instead of T-Spirit & T4 and the Panoramic roof is an option now. You can download a brochure to see the specs and options, or use the build option on the website.

It also has a space saver spare wheel, none of this gunk rubbish, and 7 seats (although I never use the third row of seats, they are there if I want to and they fold down flat creating a huge boot (like a minivan).

It may be this third row of seats that adds to the insulation from the road noise, I don't know, but it is a lot lot quieter than the Gen 3 was.

If you as you say you love the car why not get quiter tyres?

Plenty of reviews on the web.

Gerry

If you as you say you love the car why not get quiter tyres?

Plenty of reviews on the web.

Gerry

It's not the tyres. The Michelin Primacy HP tyres that were on my Gen 3 were rated as A, low noise. Its the design of the car, thin metal (especially the rear floor IMO), minimal sound proofing and the design of the rear suspension, all good attributes for weight saving, but not for transfer of road noise.

minimal sound proofing

That seems to zero on my gen3.

Haven't found any soundproofing yet in 4 years!

• Like 1

Just gonna add this. The thread is about trade in prices. Well, has anyone else noticed an increase in these for the Prius?

About 6 months ago I was offered a trade in of £5,300 on my car. Just checked again at this is now at £6,800! How? I checked this via a number of sources. Are the public after hybrids or free road tax cars? Or is it just the usual preChristmas lull?

Answers on a postcard :)

It's the provenance mate, a Prius previously owned by the infamous Grumpy cabbie, that's got to be worth more than any old Prius.

Either that or the fact it's got so many new parts on it now, it's like a new one. :toast::laughing:

minimal sound proofing

That seems to zero on my gen3.

Haven't found any soundproofing yet in 4 years!

there is a bit in the bottom of the spare wheel well IIRC, the rest is just the carpets and underfelt.

It's the provenance mate, a Prius previously owned by the infamous Grumpy cabbie, that's got to be worth more than any old Prius.

Either that or the fact it's got so many new parts on it now, it's like a new one. :toast::laughing:

lol I wasn't sure if I should mention that when trading it; "oh it's got a brand new inverter worth £1,800, new steering motor worth £1,500, new EGR valve worth £400, new brake pump worth £2,000....." hmmmm maybe not. Might not come across as a reliable car!?!