Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Indicator Blinker, Blinking Rapidly Then Normal

buklau111

Hi, im new to this forum as I need help. I recently purchased a Toyota Auris 11 facelift 1.33. Its good drive ect but i just relised that the left side passenger side mirror blinker is rapidly blinking then goes to normal and keeps repeating this method, i dont know whats wrong and Im not sure if i am still entitled to warrenty as i brought this car from a private seller. Car says 5 year warrenty sticker and only done 31k miles so am i still entiled to warrently too and would this problem (i think) be covered if i do? :P thanks in advance. It happens when i put on hazard lights or left indicator, ive checked all other lights if they working and they are.

Check that the bulb is properly installed and that the connector is seated right.

Whether the warranty is still valid would depend on whether the car has been serviced at the correct intervals - ie every 12 months or 10,000 miles (whichever occurs first). If in doubt seek the advice of your Toyota\ dealer.

Yes there is service from main dealer and i even have a free service voucher for feb or march. But the service was due at 30k or at march, i prefer to do it in end of feb with the MOT, current mileage is 31.5k. Also i dont know any DIY like opening these mirrors ect to find the bulb, it blinks fine once then like a police cars lights flashs for 1 brink then normal.

Check any bulb on the side flashing too fast.

A heavy-duty bulb is probably installed In place of a regular bulb

Check for loose connections or corrosion at the bulb socket

Assuming you have indicator bulbs front and rear on both sides and bulbs either in the door mirrors or front wings (Side repeaters) then put your hazard lights on and see which bulb isn't working....if it starts working quicker than you can get out of the car then get another person to flick the hazard switch on and off with you outside the car. Your problem seems to be either a dodgy bulb or a bad connection to that bulb. You should be able to find the one bulb of 6, of course it will be one of the three in reality on the side that is going too fast at times....if say it is the back left hand bulb try swopping it with the back right hand bulb and see if the fault transfers to the right, process of just working out the dodgy light/wiring and sorting it out. If you swop bulbs and the fault stays on the same side then it is more than likely a wiring bad connection/bulb holder.

Regards Mike169