Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Water In Brake Light

masseyman

Bought a 59 plate auris 3 weeks ago from a Toyota dealer and noticed now, while the car is parked on a slope, there is 2-3cm of water in the lower side of the brake light cluster. Not good for the electrics sloshing around in there!

Anyone know how it gets in there?

I'll phone the dealer to see if it's covered under their warrenty but dealer is a quite far away.

Cheers.

Probably an issue with the seal around the light cluster. As it is only three weeks since you bought the car, rather than ask whether it is covered under the warranty, I would go back to them and ask them to sort it, as it was probably an existing issue when you bought the car.

There is a set of modified seals available for earlier Auris as this is known issue subject to a Technical service bulletin BO-0045T-0310-EN cars built after Dec 2009 are already modified.

• Like 1

Does this mean I can get it fixed at a nearer Toyota dealer than where I bought it from as it's a known issue ?

Does this mean I can get it fixed at a nearer Toyota dealer than where I bought it from as it's a known issue ?

As the car was purchased from a Toyota dealership you should have a Toyota used car warranty, this warranty should cover the issue, just give your nearest dealer a call point out the fact you have a Toyota warranty and give them the bulletin number.

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links