Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aerial Snapped On 2007 Auris By Electric Garage Door - Help :-(

Wolfbagger

Hi all

As the title says before we got the car my mother in law decided to drive out the gargae with the door half down and snapped the aerial off and also damaged the aerial block (not sure what that part is called)

I have acquired a new aerial but my friend said I needed to get the block part as well, which I have now ordered from a breakers yard.

My question is... is this an easy fix and is there a guide anywhere or do I need to get a garage to fix it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

regards

Adrian

Until you actually replace the aerial base, seal the remaining part that is still on the roof with insulating tape or similar - to prevent water getting inside the car and onto the headlining.

Thanks for the quick reply.

The aerial base is still on the car and only very slightly lifted so no water has come through. The roof underneath the aerial base is very slightly lifted so will have to be pushed down a bit.

Once the new base and aerial arrives I'm really looking for a guide to how to fit it and if it's an easy job.

Although I'm guessing not many people will have managed to snap their aerial off this way so probably won't have the answer !!

I doubt there will be a guide anywhere, but you are going to have to drop the rear headlining to access the retaining nut which holds the antenna base down