Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Vvti Help Needed !

congletonstoke

Hi everyone,

Firstly I need to point out my knowledge of cars is virtually non existent so please bear with me :)

Ok I have a 2005 1.8 Corolla VVTi (the facelift model), I have three yellow lights on my dash, the engine warning light, the traction control off light and the vsc light.

I have had it diagnosed and the only fault that was showing was secondary air management, the guy that looked at it assured me it was nothing to worry about but it's annoying having these lights on. he took the codes out and the car showed 0 faults however after a week or so it always comes back again.

Now this is where my lack of car terminology and knowledge comes into focus ! :)

On the air filter there is a set of wires that go into the filter, it looks as though at some point the stock filter was removed and something else (K&N maybe) was fitted in it's place, it looks like when the stock filter has been put back on the wires have been connected up again, all be it very shoddily !

I've only had the car three months and all this was done before I brought it.

My question is, is it possible that the shoddy wiring back into the air filter is causing this error and if so can anyone tell me the name of the part I need to replace it as im pretty sure with some instruction I could sort this myself.

Thanks in advance for any help

Shawn

Yes I think it is that !

I will try and get a photo later, when im not going to get blown of my feet :)

Could it be that causing the error if the wiring is a bot ropey ?

Here's a photo of the wiring.

post-138123-0-22339500-1392292760_thumb.

That is the MAF sensor, if your not sure about wiring then get an auto electrician to have a look for you :thumbsup:

Get to a scrappie and see could you chop that part of the loom, then solder and heatshrink the cables together.

That looks like a pure chancer job there!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links