Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

About This Close To Getting A Xt5 Petrol

Nightstalker

Hey guys.... ive found a rav i like -eventhough its a petrol - nice black 2006 number and the kids love the legspace they are going to be getting...and im looking forward to no more kicks to the back of my seat :')

Only thing im really going to miss from my vensis is the music bluetooth strraming capability and the rearview camera :-( Does anyone here know if the b9004 stereo system plays cds with mp3 files on them? And is the sat nav one which can search on postcodes? And finally has anyone updated their sat nav maps here in the uk and if yes do you know yhe part number as ill ask Mr T to update it before I pick it up :-)

Ta muchly ;-)

Rob

Great news Rob, hope it all works out for you and look forward to hearing more about it on here

Del

Rob,

You can play mp3 files on cd no problem as I do.

The sat nav can only be updated via a disc which simply replaces the one that is currently in the car - they are expensive though at around £160 from Mr T only. I updated mine in 2012 and it is currently for sale in the for sale section of this forum.

As it happens there is also a cracking 2008 T180 for sale :P

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/156178-toyota-rav4-t180-possibly-the-cheapest-2008-08-plate-t180-currently-on-sale/

Cheers

Martin

As much as I like the T180 I hate the fact that the thing runs on runflats....

Also found out that my local MR T would not be able to change the tyres as they dont have the kit needed for it.

So its the 06 petrol XT5 in black... - by the by - yours looks great mate ;-) ! I know black is a pain in the @%#e to keep clean... but when it is it looks GREAT :-)

Well... if the B9004 can play MP4 then I'm in a happier place... just need to burn my stuff to CDs now rather than stream them via bluetooth... a small price to pay for comfort for the Kids....

Mr T just needs to tidy up the Rav for me... looked at it the other day and the window seals are in pretty poor nick, looks like someone tried to pull them off and the rims, although I'm not sure if they'll refurb them...

Will see tomorrow...

Ere... anyone know what the autobox is like on these?

Lots of people swear by the auto box. Not my cup of tea but lots of people like them

Cool... must admit ive become a lazy driver since i had the LC a few years ago...was also an auto,sooo much easier to handle in town traffic...the auto box on my vensus has been the smoothest to date...you didnt notice the gear chabges at all....except when the sport button was pushed ;-)

Ih well... getting my rav at 4:30 today :-) :-(

Cool... must admit ive become a lazy driver since i had the LC a few years ago...was also an auto,sooo much easier to handle in town traffic...the auto box on my vensus has been the smoothest to date...you didnt notice the gear chabges at all....except when the sport button was pushed ;-)

We've had two petrol 4.2 autos and are currently on a 4.3 DCAT auto. All have been excellent, esp the 4.2's which I reckon have one of the nicest engine/box combinations that I've ever driven.

The 4.3's is equally as good with the added advantage of manual over-ride via the flappy paddles.

Best of luck with the new car, Rob. I wish you many miles of carefree RAV-ing.

I'm very happy with my autobox. Very smooth for a torque converter box, don't think it'll be as smooth as a cvt box as they effectively only has one gear.

I hope you enjoy your Rav4 they're great cars!

Our petrol xt3 is bomb proof. I'll take a hit on reliability over diesel thanks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links