Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris P1340 Code``

Farmerpug

My Grandpa bought a yaris yesterday to replace his polo SDi, it has a few issues to sort for its next mot one of which is the engine management light.

I have an ELM327 and dash command on my phone, it read the fault as P1340 but says "unknown diagnostic trouble code"

Looking on the googlewebnet it illudes to camshaft position sensors, or a coil pack.

The yaris is a 2005 1.0 VVTi, the owner said it has had a coil pack recently changed, there doesn't seem to be any misfires or running problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

My Grandpa bought a yaris yesterday to replace his polo SDi, it has a few issues to sort for its next mot one of which is the engine management light.

I have an ELM327 and dash command on my phone, it read the fault as P1340 but says "unknown diagnostic trouble code"

Looking on the googlewebnet it illudes to camshaft position sensors, or a coil pack.

The yaris is a 2005 1.0 VVTi, the owner said it has had a coil pack recently changed, there doesn't seem to be any misfires or running problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

Clean the VVTi valve. There should be guides on tinternet somewhere! Make sure it is not gummed up with oil, and take care with the O ring, otherwise it will leak.

Regards Geoff Peace.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The vvti valve as in the unit on the end of the camshaft?

The oil doesn't seem too dirty, I've had to take off the inlet manifold and clean the crankcase breather on a clio in the past but it had much dirtier oil than this yaris.