Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Impatient For News On An Aygo I've Ordered

Wiz201

I said to the dealer I'm happy to wait til mid March cause of the winter tyres still being on the Yaris, but they would have had to put an order in to get one made at the factory with my specs etc that I want. What's the usual waiting time on a car being manufactured? I'm thinking of giving the dealer a ring on Monday just to check on progress as I've heard nothing since the day I made the deal and signed the dotted line.

The manufacturing schedule, etc varies from car to car. By all means get the dealer to check on progress for you.

... hopefully not, as Isobel will then have to wait until at least July (the new Aygo/108 is being shown at Geneva from 4th March, but is likely not to go on sale until July).

• Like 1

And by then the insurance/tax/MOT on the yaris would have run out. I will check Monday but I'm hoping to hear something from them by beginning of March.

• 3 weeks later...

Well things have moved on quickly now, got a chassis number so I'm popping into garage tomorrow to show my both parts of my driving license and sign the finance papers. My reg plate is Y*14 H*O which will be really easy to remember. Picking up the car after my holiday down to Devon which will be 18th March. :yahoo:

Mod Edit

It is not wise to broadcast your index number so I have tweaked it...

So just over two weeks to wait ....

I said to the dealer I'm happy to wait til mid March cause of the winter tyres still being on the Yaris, but they would have had to put an order in to get one made at the factory with my specs etc that I want. What's the usual waiting time on a car being manufactured? I'm thinking of giving the dealer a ring on Monday just to check on progress as I've heard nothing since the day I made the deal and signed the dotted line.

I suspect dealer has sourced one elsewhere, or more than likely grabbed one that is already "in the system", as there is no way that a factory order would be available in 2 weeks, as all Aygos are built in the Czech Republic.

Also, not aware of any factory options on an Aygo, as most (all?) most are dealer fitted.

Anyway, enjoy your new Aygo - cracking car (we are on our second one).

They had ordered the car at the end of January so I think it probably is a factory order. Might see if its there today and get a sneak preview.

They had ordered the car at the end of January so I think it probably is a factory order. Might see if its there today and get a sneak preview.

My apologies.

Just out of curiosity, what (factory?) options did you specify?

apparently the MMT transmission and the protection pack with the reversing sensors are installed in the factory. I asked the manager today when I popped in to sign the finance papers and he said they don't get the car until a week before I collect it.

Strange my protection pack was fitted at the dealers...

I had the reversing sensors fitted a year later because... :oops:

Did not want to disagree with Isobel, but the rear sensors are dealer and not factory fitted. I don't think there are any factory fit options for the Aygo, as all the ones we specified were dealer fit.

Regarding the MMT auto box, this option, it is not what is usually referred to as "factory" fit, but rather is an separate model like any other automatic car is.

Not that it matters, but I would think that Isobel's particular MMT Aygo (like ours was), was already in the system (ie: available from Toyota UK ex stock, at the docks awaiting transport to dealers).

Some "Factory" options are actually fitted at the import centre and as such are classed as factory packs or options. Sometimes when you order a car, the date available will depend if you order it with or without the pack, for instance, car A with protection pack available within 4 weeks, car A with NO protection pack available within 2 weeks. If that was the case, the dealer would order and fit the pack himself

When a car is already built, and on it's way to Toyota, that car will not be visible to the dealer, and will be described as a factory order as the dealer cannot see it's movement. It is only when it lands in the UK and the chassis number gets put on the system, that the dealer network can call it off and order it

These vehicle movements and logistics can be quite complicated, all sorts of things hold orders back, recently the bad weather had a detrimental on ships trying to dock in European ports, and nobody could give an accurate date when those ships could dock and unload

Kingo :thumbsup:

• Like 1

All clear now - many thanks.

yes, that's clear, that's why I had to wait before signing the finance papers as now dealer has a chassis number it can now be ordered and become 'visible' to the dealer.

Got my holiday in Devon to look forward to first, then insurance to sort out as soon as I get back.

yes, that's clear, that's why I had to wait before signing the finance papers as now dealer has a chassis number it can now be ordered and become 'visible' to the dealer.

Got my holiday in Devon to look forward to first, then insurance to sort out as soon as I get back.

Is this your first automated manual car (MMT), as they do vary between different makes?

Is this your first automated manual car (MMT), as they do vary between different makes?

No I'm currently driving a mk2 Yaris with an MMT, when I test drove a 2013 Aygo it was exactly the same. I knew it would be because the sales exec said he usually drives it out of the dealership first but he said he'll let me drive it out because its the same MMT as the Yaris.

The latest Yaris has a CVT transmission, which I usually prefer, and I understand the new Aygo released this year will have CVT, so will definitely be swapping in 3.5 years time.

I hope that the new Aygo gets CVT, as we have it in our new Auris, and prefer it to MMT.

Thanks for the info.

• Like 1