Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Modded An Auris Hybrid

Trevorb33

I appreciate its not what the car is really designed for, obviously go faster bits are really a non starter, but I've always liked changing bits on my own cars to make them my own, I'm particularly interested in lowering either eibachs or h&r springs, and change the wheels, something lightweight to improve economy and better looks too,

Thoughts?

Done a couple of little changes debadged the side hybrid badges, osram front indicator bulbs, hid's, led sidelights, number plate lights and interior LEDs

d1b0b43c16009fc468a84e5592d84e6d.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I'd be interested in knowing if the Eibach springs are any good for the hybrid? There are some on eBay for £185. Seems like a reasonable price for an improved stance without losing too much comfort?

• Like 1

Trevorb33 looks like your well on your way to being one of the first UK modded Auris Hybrids! Have you got any further with the lowering front for your car?

Be waiting for the warmer months then ill get on with it, it definitely needs 30mm down :)

• Like 1

That does count as a mod :), Where abouts in Yorkshire are you ammo im near York, don't see many white ones

I'm based in Shipley. We have quite a few around here now.

Since I bought the car last year I've spent money on detailing products than mods.

13014077125_d6b9f946ed.jpg

Untitled by Ammo.Singh, on Flickr

As far as modding goes, I'm thinking a drop and some 19" wheels (hopefully some original bbs lms if I can find some in the correct fitment)

I've been more in the VAG Scene over the years where there is more inspiration and support in modifying. My last modified car being a Vw Corrado VR6.

6973447749_8a39eb83e0.jpg

Untitled by Ammo.Singh, on Flickr

Since I bought the car last year I've spent money on detailing products than mods.13014077125_d6b9f946ed.jpgUntitled by Ammo.Singh, on Flickr

As far as modding goes, I'm thinking a drop and some 19" wheels (hopefully some original bbs lms if I can find some in the correct fitment)

I've been more in the VAG Scene over the years where there is more inspiration and support in modifying. My last modified car being a Vw Corrado VR6.6973447749_8a39eb83e0.jpgUntitled by Ammo.Singh, on Flickr

Funny I've come from vag too lol

Had lots of modified mk1 octavia vrs, a mk2 vrs, and a bora v6 4motion

That's mad! I had v6 4mo passat estate too. Had a couple of alfas over the years aswell. Sold my Alfa and bought the Auris as my 1st newish car that I was going to be happy with and not modify.

Toyota for reliable and economical motoring which touch wood it has so far but still getting that modifying itch. I still have some passat parts and rare rado parts in my garage that I haven't sold on yet!

Now thinking about tweaking the Auris to make it look better and more individual! Lol!

That's mad! I had v6 4mo passat estate too. Had a couple of alfas over the years aswell. Sold my Alfa and bought the Auris as my 1st newish car that I was going to be happy with and not modify.

Toyota for reliable and economical motoring which touch wood it has so far but still getting that modifying itch. I still have some passat parts and rare rado parts in my garage that I haven't sold on yet!

Now thinking about tweaking the Auris to make it look better and more individual! Lol!

Your like my twin except the alfas lol that was my reason for getting the auris to not modify it lol
  • Like 1

I'd mod the hell out of a Hybrid or a Prius myself, would make for a different daily for sure. Slammed on coilovers and rollers, BBSs, Rotiforms or Works. Needless to say I have a VW background (aircooled, Golf Mk2 and Mk3) haha.

I also got my Toyota to have a sensible daily. I failed pretty hard lol.

• Like 1

Have you got any pics of your modded toyota eiriksmil?

It's not an Auris though but here you go

9542456183_e71d322b74_b.jpg

9542458053_3dbc66c7b7_b.jpg

(And my VWs since we're at it lol)

Beater Mk3

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3689/10454497896_e19c78c89f_b.jpg

Cali import Mk2

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8507/8472287158_af6f50675a_b.jpg

The old money pit Mk3

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8203/8228445316_bddd04af00_b.jpg

Coilovers and wheels are my number one priorities, I'd say it makes 80% of a car.. Having a car without is like dry humping to me lol.

Toyota looks good mate!

The VWs look amazing! I think there is definetly room for the euro influence in the toyota scene?!

Thanks bud! :) Absolutely, if you take a look at oldschool JDM style and oldskool euro style they are very similar (13-15", wide wheels and massive lowering). No reason why the new school cars should be any different! If I could get my hands on a set of BBS RSs or OZ Futuras to a reasonable price I'd run euro wheels on the Yaris for sure

The Auris has a 5x100 pcd right?

Auris is 5x114.3 and I may have brought some wheels :)

Ooh then the options are endless..! All this Auris talk has made me want one a little lol.

Trevorb33 what wheels have you acquired? Do tell..

Wow! They look good! Race wheels? Who make them?

Team dynamics make them there pro race 1.2s had many before on previous cars love them to bits they normally suit everything and are very lightweight for the price, should go nicely on the auris with a little drop

Saw one nicely-tuned Auris hybrid 2010 here in Helsinki yeasterday night. Actually it was second modded Auris I saw here in Finland since 2007 as the scene is so small. Didn't have time to take any pics as we stopped at red lights and then at a gas station to just have a quick chat with the owner. I asked him to join TOC so maybe we'll see him again and I maybe sooner or later I'll see him again in personal too and will manage get some pics of the car. Now some mods he had: BC coilovers, black Toyota rims, painted front lip, front and rear lamps tinted with tint film, rear reflectors tinted aswell, HIDs, tinted windows all round, black (carbon) bonnet, 2din player, removed rear wiper, black badges with black base. He said/showed that there's still goods to come: black (carbon) roof, interior plastic colour change, overkill audio system with many many Speakers, 20" rims, 9.75" wide with ET20 :ph34r: