Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Modded An Auris Hybrid

Trevorb33

20" wheels on an Auris sounds mad! I thought 19" would be the biggest!

Yeah 19" was the biggest I had heard too. Also the width and offset is quite interesting, usually max is around 35 with 9" wide rims.

The arches are quite big, would have thought 20" would look wierd, mine are 8j et 35 so shouldn't get any problems :)

13197961853_db8b809f6d.jpg

These would be perfect on mine :)

Would they be any adverse affects on the gearbox/engine in the long run for running 18" wheels?

Small correction to my previous post. Contacted the guy and he told me he went for 18" rims instead of 20". So no Auris rim size record :D

18*9,75 et 20 on the rear and 18*8,75 et 35 front. Still the rear offset is quite massive.

Not yet, but I could ask. Will get some during the easter period if not before that.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got my new wheels on, along with increase in width of tyres to 225/45 I've still saved 2kg of weight a corner, fitted some lightweight nuts too surprising how heavy standard nuts are, 3.2kg for standard set of 20 v's just 800grams for these ones, will look a million time better when lowered in next couple of months, custom center caps too, :)

70797c801a326f4d57b2382d95fa7295.jpg

6beb173105a5634e09d2a82f7d1f1a41.jpg

• Like 1

That's what I've been looking for, custom wheel nuts. Do you know the specs? And where did you get the center caps from?

Nuts were 12x1.5 can get lots of different ones eBay various prices, center caps were just overlay gel dome type ones made to size to fit the pro race center caps

Ok cheers for getting back to me :) Will start looking, hope I'll find some nice ones. My TSW Snetterton rims have quite deep holes so will need really long ones if I want them to stick out.

Lowering springs should be here by end of the week :)

Springs will be fitted this weekend :) -35mm h & r's

springs are on, makes one hell of a difference, im going to start a build thread soon, although not much more will happen i keep saying lol

Nice, looking forward to see the thread. If someone's keen on buying a set of springs I will be probably selling mine any time soon. Same H&R -35mm for petrol Auris. Waiting for new parts to upgrade the suspension at the moment :)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hi, I've recently bought an Auris Hybrid. Was thinking of some minor mods. I was going to change the headlights to the SR dark ones and vinyl wrap the chrome grill to brushed silver or dark grey brush metal? Or... Matt black for the top big chrome bit and red for the lower smaller chrome bit? Like a golf gti.  Would also like the OEM grey alloys

Whats your thoughts guys?

I've attached two photos to show the difference in SR headlights and normal hsd headlights.

IMG_0359.JPG

IMG_0384.PNG

Modded Hybrid from Finland:

qmjQFFM.jpg

AI2MtmQ.jpg

TWlbksb.jpg

NBQNhwZ.jpg

mV9FQs7.jpg

• Like 2

LOL, don't they have speed bumps in Finland?

11 hours ago, Speed_Chaser said:

Modded Hybrid from Finland:

qmjQFFM.jpg

AI2MtmQ.jpg

TWlbksb.jpg

NBQNhwZ.jpg

mV9FQs7.jpg

This looks good. Love that 🍊 is the grill vinyl wrapped or painted and the rear chrome strip painted?

The car was originally white then wrapped in vinyl.