Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Aygo Owner

Luke190969

Hi all,

I have had my Aygo black for a year now i love it but now want to make some changes im looking to changes the wheels to 6.5x15" and also some springs to drop it by 30-35mm will this be okay or will i have any problems. I was looking at Koni street suspension instead of just the springs anyone had any of experience with these? i will appreciate any feedback that given thank you in advance

Luke

Hi, I'm getting an Aygo in a month's time. Was it easy to adjust to a smaller engine? I'm going down from a 1.3 Yaris. I'm guessing I'll have to be a little firmer on the accelerator pedal to get it going lol.

Thank you Raistlin. sorry cant help you with that i havent had anything bigger lol but in theory your guess should be correct

• Like 1

As the Aygo is so light you don't need a heavy clog to get it going...

Also it corners like it is on rails :thumbsup:

They are indeed that's why I'm looking at bigger wheels with v.good tyres should stick a bit more

Hi Isobel, I've just traded in my 1.6L VW Beetle as p/x for a new Aygo aka Ivor.

I can honestly say I haven't noticed the smaller engine at all (granted I only just got the Aygo), but I have taken it for a decent run, on motorway etc..

I think that it's so lightweight (as Raistlin said), that I really can't tell the difference. Seems very nippy and I don't seem to need to accelerate any harder and it also handles extremely well. I'm sure you'll fall in love the moment you first drive your new Aygo!

One slight difference is that my beetle would take 5th gear easily at about 30mph, whereas the Aygo prefers 4th at the same speed.

PS what colour did you choose? I went for the two tone Nero blanco move with style :)

Jenny :)

Also, sorry Luke - I can't help with your original question (not mechanically minded at all.......) :(

Hi Isobel, I've just traded in my 1.6L VW Beetle as p/x for a new Aygo aka Ivor.

I can honestly say I haven't noticed the smaller engine at all (granted I only just got the Aygo), but I have taken it for a decent run, on motorway etc..

I think that it's so lightweight (as Raistlin said), that I really can't tell the difference. Seems very nippy and I don't seem to need to accelerate any harder and it also handles extremely well. I'm sure you'll fall in love the moment you first drive your new Aygo!

One slight difference is that my beetle would take 5th gear easily at about 30mph, whereas the Aygo prefers 4th at the same speed.

PS what colour did you choose? I went for the two tone Nero blanco move with style :)

I've gone for the Cirrus white Move with Style after looking at metallic colours and model levels I thought having a basic white colour with the top spec was better value for money. A colleague at work said to me that the colour doesn't really matter as you don't see it when you're inside the car, and as I can't see mine from the house its not as if I can admire it at the window lol. Its a good practical colour, hopefully more visible. Having technology like the sat nav without cables will be a novelty.

I was soooo torn between the cirrus white, and the cirrus white with black roof...(both same price)

I agree about the more expensive metallic choices and value for money.

PS; The bluetooth / satnav is great and the LED lights on the move with style will further help with visibility!

Jenny

I've gone for the Cirrus white Move with Style after looking at metallic colours and model levels I thought having a basic white colour with the top spec was better value for money. A colleague at work said to me that the colour doesn't really matter as you don't see it when you're inside the car, and as I can't see mine from the house its not as if I can admire it at the window lol. Its a good practical colour, hopefully more visible. Having technology like the sat nav without cables will be a novelty.