Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dash - Crash Cams

Wouldn't call that "shocking" - I've witnessed far worse accidents, but I've been toying with having one of these for some time. My brother has got an app for his iPhone that records journeys from his main camera and I think I can just about do that on my Android phone. Anyway, I'd want one to catch the unscrupulous cash-for-crash parasites who cause mayhem in my city rather than worry about general accidents. But then I'd need an all-round system of 4 cameras to include rear and side shunts.

'I'd need an all-round system of 4 cameras to include rear and side shunts.' ianlinux-

I think that may well be the next trend as they come at you from all directions. I feel sorry for people who are 'browbeaten' by these scum, those that believe they have done something wrong when in fact it is the person that hits them. Also, they usually have more people with them to act as so called ''witnesses!'' I know some of these scum have been put away, but is that enough of a sentence? Are they likely to do the same again, or set someone else up to do their bidding? I think they just might.

Typical numptee. I wonder why it is that some people believe that they always have the right of way, no matter what the road signs dictate, or even common sense. I once saw a young woman in a Suzuki Vitara take on a Feed lorry (cattle feed truck, rather large on a narrow country road and not difficult to see). She thought she had the right of way and that the truck would reverse for her, into the nearest passing space... :lol2: and then after she kept beeping her horn and gesticulating at the poor old (peeing himself by now) truck driver, he moved forward about three feet, taking his bumper to within a few inches of hers. This made her shut up and reverse to the nearest passing space. How do I know this? Because I was standing on a grass verge at the side of the road with one of our dogs, also peeing myself at the hilarious confrontation. Some people do not have a clue, really.

As some of you know... I have a frontcamera in my iQ / my Smart / our Verso and my Motorbike BMW C1-200...

I think it should be obligated to have a camera on board... at least one.

The cost very little.. mine was 25 euros + mounting thing was 20 euros + 16Gb card 10 euros... (makes a total of 55 euros for the whole systemsetup. The picture is good enough for number recognition. It has a timer.. and can be adjusted to start filming when something moves in front of it... batteries last not very long in this case.

When I start the engine..this powers the camera..thus it starts filming automatically.

About every week I empty the SD-card on my PC... in a week with normal driving the card is about full... This is for later tickets for speeding or such...

More money means ... GPS tracking / extra inbuiltrearcamera / better HD quality / better batterylife... I will post a picture...

DSC_1969_zps7de04ddb.jpg

DSC_1968_zpsb0b4238b.jpg

DSC_1967_zps0909c5e3.jpg

DSC_1054_zps8fc83655.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links