Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First Time Toyota Owner

vikingelite

Hay everyone,

So i have just brought a 2000 Toyota Celica ZZT23 1.8 16V VVT-i In Lagoon Blue. It has full service history and has covered 115000 miles. One owner from new who was a very nice lady who i don't think took it out of 3rd gear. LOL Are you ready for this i only paid £450 as she new my misses ;-)

I have done quite a lot of research and from what i have read i know about the oil issues on the pre face lift model. Now for some advice!

What are the key things i need to do first before making it my own, are there any components that i should replace due to the age of the car or because of commonly seen issues.

Once i have completed a full service and got the car valeted i will post some pictures and let you seen her. I really hope that people on here can help me as i have a good basic knowledge but have only worked on MK2 Golfs!!! all the help and advice i can get would be gratefully received.

Hello Ben - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Moved to the Celica club, where you should be able to get the advice you're seeking.

thank you forum has been very helpful so far and i hope that it continues to do so. I also hope that i can also contribute to the forum. I have been on may in the last few years and this is the best forum so far in regards to us ability and members. nice job

2C5C0CBE-63DC-4125-A528-9963D68C7008_zpsB41F7DD5-EAF7-48FB-A3C2-E4A01ABCE35D_zps589FAC36-996F-4EEC-B676-A32D2084591B_zps

So as far as i can see it is standard but im very new to this car so if anyone can tell me different i would be very grateful. Also some help on the colour. The book says sapphire blue, is this right as i was also told that it was lagoon blue and the toyota page i looked at says its Spectra blue !!!!

PM your index number to Parts King and explain your problem and he can look it up for you...

He's nice like that.

Thank you will PM now. Cant believe how difficult it is to find the right colour. Im after a new bonnet and front splitter as there are quite badly stone chipped and i see some i like on eBay and else where but i don't want to commit due to not wanting to get the incorrect colour!!!! Arrrrhhhhhhhh

Thanks again