Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Owner

Wobble46

Hi just purchased a 2006 Aygo with 51,000 miles.

A little bit about myself,I've bought this as a second car to save fuel & mileage on RS Focus Mk2,and liked the look of the Aygo and also the cost of road tax and the space inside.

Any ideas on how many miles from a brimmed tank before I have to refill? Will normally fill it once a week hopefully.

Got it cheaper as there was no service history as the guy was a mechanic and did his own.

Want to get a full service done as this is going to be my daily runner to and from work,a 60 mile round trip, any ideas on cost?

A few other questions,I want to change the head unit to probably a single din pioneer bluetooth headset,any ideas on where I get a surround plate from? And if I go for a double din, how easy is it to fit?

Also the car has aircon, but when I press the button the light doesn't come on and nothing happens,any ideas?

Think that's it for now,thanks for any help x

post-138418-0-91429000-1393062476_thumb.

Hello Benjamin - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

As regards the air con, it won't come on unless you also have the fan operating.

Hello Benjamin - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

As regards the air con, it won't come on unless you also have the fan operating.

Cheers buddy,I know I'm gonna sound thick but how do I get the fan going? Cheers x

On the centre control panel beneath the hazard warning switch, there is a large rotary knob which controls the fan. Also to the left hand side of the fan control, there is a side mounted rotary switch controlling where the airflow goes, and to the right there is a similar rotary switch controlling the temperature.

With air con you need to use it at least once a month, to ensure the seals within the air con are lubricated etc. Also air con is useful for quick demisting - using it in conjunction with some heat

On the centre control panel beneath the hazard warning switch, there is a large rotary knob which controls the fan. Also to the left hand side of the fan control, there is a side mounted rotary switch controlling where the airflow goes, and to the right there is a similar rotary switch controlling the temperature.

With air con you need to use it at least once a month, to ensure the seals within the air con are lubricated etc. Also air con is useful for quick demisting - using it in conjunction with some heat

Cheers for that buddy,yeah tried all that and nothing and no light on the air con button,the guy I bought it of said his wife never used the air con and as it was there second car he never saw the point of getting it looked at in the 4 years they owned it x

If the air con hasn't been used for four years, it probably needs attention - possible regas, etc.

• Like 1

Hi

My yaris has always had to have an air con regas every year cause the previous owner never used it for three years!

That's one thing I'm always going to do when I get my Aygo is run the air con a lot more often. It shouldn't make much difference to petrol.

My yaris lasts two weeks on a full tank so your Aygo should last at least two weeks on a full tank if not more if its a second car.

• Like 1

So you'll have a 'cool' Aygo.

• Like 1

If the air con hasn't been used for four years, it probably needs attention - possible regas, etc.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that's all it needs x

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that's all it needs x

Hi

My yaris has always had to have an air con regas every year cause the previous owner never used it for three years!

That's one thing I'm always going to do when I get my Aygo is run the air con a lot more often. It shouldn't make much difference to petrol.

My yaris lasts two weeks on a full tank so your Aygo should last at least two weeks on a full tank if not more if its a second car.

Even though i class it as my second car,it's actually gonna be my daily driver,a 60 mile round trip to work 5 times a week :D

That's why I want to get the air con fixed and fit a bluetooth head unit, so I can play my iPhone through it and accept calls,gotta be sorted for 300 mile a week :D x

Was looking at that brief guide, going to be interesting going to the petrol station for the first time unlocking the fuel cap lol. Yaris just has a simple catch to flip. Also I wonder why the bonnet release catch is on the passenger side?

• Like 1

Was looking at that brief guide, going to be interesting going to the petrol station for the first time unlocking the fuel cap lol. Yaris just has a simple catch to flip. Also I wonder why the bonnet release catch is on the passenger side?

Yeah was weird me too,as my RS only has the outer flap,plus weird using keys full stop lol x

The Aygo is the product of a Joint Venture between Toyota and PSA (Peugeot/Citroen) - it looks like they haven't altered the bonnet release for right hand drive vehicles. Reduces costs.

A 2007 Mazda 2 that we had (which was built by Ford on the Fiesta/Fusion production line in Valencia) was the same.

It also used to be fairly common for European manufacturers not to set up windscreen wipers for right hand drive - PSA were one of the common culprits. So right hand drive vehicles had the passenger side wiper clearing the screen to the edge of the windscreen pillar, and an unswept area above the wiper arc on the driver's side (used to affect taller drivers the most).

There also used to be specific set ups for the indicator stalk/wiper stalk in cars. A vehicle set up properly for right hand drive had the indicator stalk on the right, and the wiper stalk on the left. Left hand drive cars were the reverse. In the 70's manufacturers largely adopted the LHD set up for vehicles - whether left hand drive or right hand drive - as it was quite a cost saving. Some Japanese manufacturers kept the RHD set up into the 90's (Japanese market cars are RHD) - a 1994 Honda Concerto we bought new was correctly set up for RHD.

• Like 1

Really happy as just had the Aygo into ATS as the air con didn't work, the last owner said that in 4 years it'd never worked.£44.99 re gass and now it's spot on, Result x

• Like 1

Just been quoted £150.00 for a full service, it's just under 52,000 and they said it's the big service that's due at 54k,they said it was upto me what sort of service I wanted,whilst I've got physical proof of services, thought I'd get it done,booked in for Wednesday x

For info, details of Toyota's fixed price servicing scheme here: http://www.toyota.co.uk/service-and-maintenance/car-servicing

Think with your Aygo, as it is a 2006 model, it was subject to servicing every 12 months or 9000 miles, whichever comes first - hence the difference in service intervals between your car and the fixed price servicing.

May wish to check whether the full service includes a brake fluid change - which is usually due every two years.

Re the air con - might be as well to check the air conditioning filter to see what state that is in. You can check it/change it yourself - see

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/110847-aygo-pollen-filter-change/?hl=%2Bpollen+%2Bfilter

Pollen filters - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Aygo-OE-Genuine-CABIN-POLLEN-Filter-Service-Car-TF18813-/350722755967

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ToyotaOfficialStore?_fsub=4563097012&_nkw=Aygo&_nkw=&_nkw=&submit=SEARCH&LH_TitleDesc=1