Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Centre Console Fabric Lid Cover Coming Loose

JohnD2

Hi. The fabric cover on the centre lid is coming loose, probably due to the driver's elbow resting on it. I know it isn't a massive job but I wondered if anyone had come up with a neat way of stretching and glueing? T I A, J

Mine was like this when I bought it (used). I simply used my debit card to push the fabric back into the gap on the underside of the arm rest that it had pulled out from. Seems to have held it quite nicely.

When the cover came loose on my Gen II, I took the armrest apart (only a couple of screws) gently peeled the cover back and stuck it back down with double-sided tape. Took about an hour from start to finish.

Thanks both. You've provided the push I needed. Mine has come loose at the rear edge, It's going to need stretching and some strong spring clips to hold it in position while the glue sets.

• 2 months later...

Same problem here, I've been putting off doing it, will probably do it tomorrow

Hi Alan. I did the job, and it looks ok, but if I were doing it again, I'd be sure to stretch the material lengthways first, then sideways. I used a 2-pack glue, a section at a time, over four or five days. So far it has resisted little fingers!

Cheers, I will defo do it as it looks a bit tatty, that said, I've already had to replace the carpet, a drivers side door panel and the arm rest in the back seat, so this is not a major thing