Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hi All, 3 Things...........

bidderman1969

hi guys,

recently bought a corolla 1.6 T-Spirit for the missus, 2002 model, but we seem to have a slightly binding front passenger side calliper, freed it off a bit, but was going to get some fresh brake pads for it, however the local ECP place said its a choice of 2 types of front brake, so how do I tell the difference?

also, the idle is a little weird, when cold its starts beautifully, when warm, it idles then drops to around 800 rpm's, then theres a slight vibration through the car, is this just a characteristic of this car?

lastly, i have seen that theres types of engine/code for these models, how do i know what ours is?

thnx in advance :fireman:

Once warm the auto choke will reduce the revs.

Phone Mr T to get advice on your brake pads, armed with that information you can then decide where to buy them.

• Like 1

Thanks fella, wanting to get as much info for doing my own servicing

also, i know all about the auto chokes and how they work, its the slight vibration im worried about

Hi,

Have you removed and inspected the brake caliper slider pins, they corrode and seize, if they do not clean up you can buy a set of new ones from Toyota, not that expensive.

A good motor factor should easily give the correct size pads, to be sure measure or trace the outline of your existing ones , think its the height thats different between two types; also measure the diameter of the discs.

Look on the caliper, you should see a maker stamp somewhere on it, eg Lucas, Aisin, EBC

Your log book and handbook should give your the model type etc. Should be an E12 ?

The 1.6 will drop to 600 rpm at times, so can be a little lumpy but vibration, a little but never concerning, where does your exhibit it ?

• Like 2

cheers codg, will have to have a good read of her handbook then, the vibration is through the car itself, doesnt "bother" me as such, as it runs beautifully, just never had this on a car before.

kinda wondering if an engine mounts rubber has deteriorated

:fireman: lol

thought someone might just say "oh yeah, they're Lucas" or something

Hi,

Think you will find its the height of the pad and diameter of the disc that determine the ones you need, though the make of brake system is another way.

With all that rust have you taken those slider pins out of their rubber sleeves, they should come out ok but may see rusted in.

pic from GSFs site

post-95973-0-22055900-1393453518_thumb.j

• Like 1

i see a padgit part number on them,

get the sliders and a hardcore wire brush out and clean them!

fility brakes!