Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Buying New Yaris

Fish N Whips

Hi folks,

New to the board :)

Just looking for some advice and tips as I'm buying a new Yaris. Your thoughts on price / deal anything to consider would be appreciated.

So brand new 14 plate, 1.3 manual icon plus 5 door in black with the optional pack (style?) that gives panoramic roof and privacy glass.

The dealer is offering me almost the same for my current car that WBAC are offering on their site (although I realise that WBAC would knock a few hundred quid off if you actually took the car to them).

He's then doing the Yaris for £14,515 and I can choose how much of my car part ex value to take off that and pay the outstanding balance over 3 years interest free, bar a final settlement figure of £5,197.

I'm thinking of using £1,800 of my part ex so it looks like this -

Yaris £14,515

Deposit £1,800

Part Ex cash back £5,100

35 payments of £214.79

Final payment £5,197

Total payments £14,515

Using the £1,800 deposit will leave roughly enough cash over from my part ex in the bank to meet the final payment in 3 years time, provided I don't dip into it - my plan would be to pay this and then own the car, not to get tied into another 3 year PCP with a small deposit.

Based on 12k miles a year with 6p a mile excess.

Is this a good deal, is there still room to haggle? Is there anything I should know about my car choice!

The dealer is also offering first 12 months insurance, and for me that has a value of about £200.

Thanks for your help, I look forward to any replies ;)

Hi, Welcome to the club... Enjoy :driving:

The question to ask is are you happy with the deal, if so take it...

You can always delay looking for the next great deal but in the end you want to drive.

The list price is £14170 OTR and the Appearance pack list is £750. Does the dealers offer include any other options (mats, etc)? If not you're getting just over £400 off the list price.

Hi folks,

New to the board :)

Just looking for some advice and tips as I'm buying a new Yaris. Your thoughts on price / deal anything to consider would be appreciated.

So brand new 14 plate, 1.3 manual icon plus 5 door in black with the optional pack (style?) that gives panoramic roof and privacy glass.

The dealer is offering me almost the same for my current car that WBAC are offering on their site (although I realise that WBAC would knock a few hundred quid off if you actually took the car to them).

He's then doing the Yaris for £14,515 and I can choose how much of my car part ex value to take off that and pay the outstanding balance over 3 years interest free, bar a final settlement figure of £5,197.

I'm thinking of using £1,800 of my part ex so it looks like this -

Yaris £14,515

Deposit £1,800

Part Ex cash back £5,100

35 payments of £214.79

Final payment £5,197

Total payments £14,515

Using the £1,800 deposit will leave roughly enough cash over from my part ex in the bank to meet the final payment in 3 years time, provided I don't dip into it - my plan would be to pay this and then own the car, not to get tied into another 3 year PCP with a small deposit.

Based on 12k miles a year with 6p a mile excess.

Is this a good deal, is there still room to haggle? Is there anything I should know about my car choice!

The dealer is also offering first 12 months insurance, and for me that has a value of about £200.

Thanks for your help, I look forward to any replies ;)

My Yaris that I'm cashing in for a new Aygo got an agreed valuation of £5,100, so I've halved it basically and put in £2600 so I'm getting £2500 back with monthly payments £137 over 42 months. I've offered more for my deposit as I will probably swap for a new Aygo or something similar since there is a new version of the Aygo coming out so I can use the value of the current Aygo which should be relatively high after only three years plus because its the highest spec level model too. Insurance for me would have been £500 odd so I'm saving myself £50 odd pound a month for the first year.

If you're happy with the deal, then fine. But you can get much, much better deals than £400 off. Have a quick look online and you should be able to get about three times that discount.

David

The list price is £14170 OTR and the Appearance pack list is £750. Does the dealers offer include any other options (mats, etc)? If not you're getting just over £400 off the list price.

Interesting, when I build the car on Toyotas official site the list OTR is £15,415 - where did you get that list price from?

Edit: seems you didn't include paint at £495

So if I look for mats and a tank of fuel I'm probably doing well ? If I can get anything else off the car that's a bonus :)

I agree there are better online deals, but I need the part x and dealer 0%.

Also - panoramic roof - I can't help thinking that nice as it is - in a crash where the car rolls it would be much less safe than a standard roof - anyone had any thoughts or previous discussions on this ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links