Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Passenger Airbag Light Allways On

Kepilla

You can test the seat sensor by sitting in the passenger seat and the passenger alarm should flash. Put the seat belt on and the flashing seatbelt alarm should extinguish. If you now lift yourself off the seat the alarm comes on again. 

Take your belt off and there is a delay to when the alarm comes on. Again lift your self off the seat and the alarm goes off as the belt would not be needed as it would be empty. 

David

The manual key in case of failure of the Battery in the fob is in the key fob. You need to remove it to operate the switch i mentioned earlier. 

Its difficult to compair with my iQ because i turned off the nagging beeping when the seatbelt isnt requined as in private ground ( boat yard)

David

The manual key in case of failure of the Battery in the fob is in the key fob. You need to remove it to operate the switch i mentioned earlier. 

Its difficult to compair with my iQ because i turned off the nagging beeping when the seatbelt isnt requined as in private ground ( boat yard)

David

I thought it was seatbelts you were talking about  but SRS is airbag. Mine has a driverside squib short according to the Techstream software. A short occurs when you unplug the seat cable as by default when the Airbag  cable under the seat is disconnected, a short is applied th top accidentally triggering. With this kind of fault, when you start the car it can appear ok but after a short journey the light comes on after the ECU has scanned all systems. Sometimes people take their seats out and damage the plug and socket  trying to get them apart

David

So do i need to take the car to a garage sorry its very confusing but yes its the SRS warning light which now only shows above the CD radio?

This can be a costly diagnosis. Where abouts do you live?  If you were near me i could check for fault codes for you for free and pretty much diagnose the problem. Dont know whst the cost is now a days but used to be £70 just to look. I know my local dealer has had problems with theseplug and sockets and have ended up cutting them out and simply soldering the wires together which is what i might do when it gets warmer. No idea if it is a Squib ( airbag near your sholdet when sitting in a seat) with out the fault code and no idea how to replace it if it is or cost as ifbits the original fabric seats they are glued on  to the mouldings. 

David

Ok David i do have a mechanic to check this its just strange it happened yesterday as i have had passengers in the car before and no lights came on i dont live near you I am in sunderland up north but thanks for the offer i hope the light goes out on its own i managed to thump the passenger seat this morning so the light went out on the main dash so i wait and see its very strange

The trouble is the hysteresis. Nothing hapens in real time. I can remove my airbag alarm and it takes up to 100mtrs of driving for it to re-appear. You mechanic  should be able to get a fault code from it and pretty much tells you the location. Good luck. Let us know how you get on. 

David