Do Not Sell My Personal Information

On The Subject Of Model Iq's

Spotted these rather expensive Ebbro, 1/43rd scale right hand drive iQ model -display- cars on e-bay in Metallic White, Blue and Burnt Orange at 'Model iQ's.' At £62.09 in total (includes postage) and they are not cheap, but look good. I do wonder however if they preview the new (is there going to be one?) face of the iQ, to fall in line with other Toyota's in the range. See for yourself.

Of course... just noticed, they have Scion badges on them... dammit!

post-113536-0-97552900-1393285155_thumb.

post-113536-0-56127100-1393285512_thumb.

post-113536-0-27508000-1393285520_thumb.

Edited by Guest

The lump is there on the real IQ - just not as noticeable.

I have one of these from Minichamps. It's a model of the launch, show car apparently with a half black, half white paint job. I didn't pay that much though but they are limited to only 1000 odd items I think so worth keeping an eye on eBay.

http://cars.minimodelshop.co.uk/diecast-model-car/toyota-iq-2009-diecast-model-car-minichamps-400166801

They do the same model in plain colours too and Toyota themselves boxed them in Toyota branded boxes and sold them through the dealers.

I also have a smaller one made by Cararama in blue. Do an eBay search for "cararama iq"

Be nice if someone did a 1:18 scale one. :)

Craig.

I have one of these from Minichamps. It's a model of the launch, show car apparently with a half black, half white paint job. I didn't pay that much though but they are limited to only 1000 odd items I think so worth keeping an eye on ebay.

http://cars.minimodelshop.co.uk/diecast-model-car/toyota-iq-2009-diecast-model-car-minichamps-400166801

They do the same model in plain colours too and Toyota themselves boxed them in Toyota branded boxes and sold them through the dealers.

I also have a smaller one made by Cararama in blue. Do an ebay search for "cararama iq"

Be nice if someone did a 1:18 scale one. :)

Craig.

Thanks for that Craig, I've also seen them on E-Bay and I keep thinking, should I get one, or not. Usually it's not, but each time I'm edging closer to Yes. I recently acquired a Corgi -that was a surprise it was a Corgi- metal display model in a little display case of my old Cavalier GSi, almost the same colour. Been wanting one for some time as I have such good memories (yes, rose tinted glasses time) of that car.

There's also this one, cheap price, and cheap made though- Details about TOYOTA IQ CAR 1/43RD SCALE SMART MODEL BLUE 2 DOOR EXAMPLE TOWN CAR

But I prefer this type- TOYOTA MODEL IQ CAR IN BLACK

Hi Bob.

The blue Cararama one in the link you posted is the one I have. No where near the quality or detail of the Minichamps one but I think it would stand up to playing a lot more than the minichamps one would. The Minichamps models are meant to be models, not toys.

I was thinking of buying a Cararama one and taking it apart and painting it silver then adding my number plates to it. :)

I also have a white and yellow 1/60 scale iQ made by Tomy toys in Japan. If you do a search on eBay for "Tomy iq" or "Tomica iq" you should find them.

Craig.

I have a model of a saturn 5 Rocket, is that any help? Second thoughts its only in white.

David