Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Internal Led Lights For Prius

I saw these but looking at the write up I wasn't sure they were right for the Prius. I assume they are then? How long did they take to arrive?

Hello Dave,

Didnt take long, about one week if I remember correctly. I have a T-Spirit Prius registered Feb 2010 which is a Gen 3 and it fits very nicely.

Heres a link which has step by step instructions showing how to fit the bulbs:

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Prius-LED-Map-Dome-Light-Installation-DIY-Guide-a/538.htm

Anything else you unsure of please ask and maybe I can be of help.

I should really get off my backside and have a look myself, but do the front doors have puddle lights that could be changed for LEDs?

When you open the door to get out, a door/door mirror mounted 'puddle light' illuminates the ground area where you will be stepping. Originally intended to help people avoid puddles and getting their feet wet.

I should really get off my backside and have a look myself, but do the front doors have puddle lights that could be changed for LEDs?

My T Spirit does. I don't know if they are standard on all models?

If you referring to the light on the inside of the door on the bottom right then yes it does have a light. The LED bulbs is included in the kit Ilisted above

Thanks, I may pick one of the kits up, seems simple enough :-)

[edit]

Just ordered the kit from the link, will post back with some pics.

Chi received my LEDs. In the map reading lights,where did you adhere the card to, on the side or the back and what are those springy bits for?

If i remember correctly, the springy bit is only for the back map light. everything else is the normal fittings.

When you start taking the casing off you will see what I mean.

I just stuck it onto the old surface.....

Hope this helps...you most post some pics once its all done :)

I hope that this is not a thread hijack, but I wondered if anyone knew if there was any measurable benefit from this mod on fuel economy? I know that the wattage difference is tiny compared with the 70+kW typical of most hybrids, but as hybrids are best suited to stop start traffic (and believe you me, in London there is far more stop than start), it might make a difference. Of course, that is assuming that there is a connection between the hybrid system and the interior/exterior lights...

David

If i remember correctly, the springy bit is only for the back map light. everything else is the normal fittings.

When you start taking the casing off you will see what I mean.

I just stuck it onto the old surface.....

Hope this helps...you most post some pics once its all done :)

Hi Chi,

I've just ordered these off your recommendation. A quick question from me, is how much difference is there in the brightness?

Would you have any pics of your's?

Thanks

Saul.