Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lock The Doors Automatically?

Gomoca

A Question or Two (or Three) :-

1) Will this Auto Lock Unit also work on a IQ Manual ?

2) I already have two scan gauges connected to my OBD2 port so will need another connector if I choose to fit the unit.

3) Does anyone know how to reprogram the IQ on board computer to achieve the same effect ?

Car computers are both sometimes a great idea and also a pain in the ubik !

With Regard to auto locking of car doors - In Africa I used a upward facing full set of flame thrower's on either side of the car powered by LPG and operated from inside the car by a button or automatically by any effort to access the car via forced entry and therfore this method was used to deter and unauthorised entry to my cars. Perhaps that is a better idea for those of you who are in the UK and live and drive in areas that might need a hi jack or forced entry deterent ?

However I'm sure the UK Police will say this is illegal in the UK because we are not allowed to protect ourselves in the UK and we are already under significant attack that is perceived to be life threatening, of course then it is often too late !

Hi Bob,

Yes, the automatic lock device also works with manual gearbox, with the little drawback you read on previous answers.

I consider that device as a safety feature; I also gave one to my mother-on-law, she now feels better when she waits at a traffic light with her bag on the passenger seat...

To obtain extra OBD sockets, you can use several splitters (I already have 3 on my iq!) :

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=111231229725

Pin 16 of the socket is the live 12v feed. The cable is very small gauge and as such cant support much current. It may be necessary to get the supply feed from another source via a fuse. If you over load this feed you could do permanent damage to one of your ECU's. i take a separate feed fir my custom Heads up display

David

David

You are right, David.

There is another risk: if the ECU measures too much power on the OBD socket, it probably considers that a scan tool is connected,...

In that case it has been programmed to cancel its stand-by mode. As a consequence, the Battery would be drained within 1 or 2 days!

I had the problem with my scangauge and with my cruise control. I had to connect them to another +12V.

Now, if there is only the automatic lock device on the OBD socket, that's OK...

Cheers for that info. So are you saying that if you want to pull up and pick up a passenger you either have to turn the ignition off or open your own door, or does the passenger door only open if you turn the ignition off or lean over and open the passenger door from the inside. On multidrive, you only have to put the car into park then the passenger can get in then put it in drive again and your off. You don't have to switch the engine off

You can:

1) unlock the passenger dor -by presing the unlock near the handler

2) unlock all the doors, with the button on the driver site, or

3) turn off the engine

(I miss the choice of double-pulling on the passenger side, just like in a Audi)

Regards

so are you saying to unlock the passenger door, you have to lean over and unlock the passenger door or turn the engine off

david

so are you saying to unlock the passenger door, you have to lean over and unlock the passenger door or turn the engine off

david

No, there's a third way -I explained wrong, sorry for the confusion-. Just edited it back

on the driver side there's a buttons for lockin / unlocking all the doors: you just need to use the unlock

Then, when car gets up to 10 km/h, it will lock it again

post-138260-0-51228400-1398030501_thumb.

Of course, i forgot about that one. Thanks. The unit is superb. It was a good find by Christophe

David

• 2 months later...

Bringing this thread back to life after a couple of months - Just wanted to check that you guys are still happy with the device you bought, and is the following link still the same item? http://www.cubikts.co.uk/wholesale/obd2-can-bus-speed-lock-device-for-toyota-nissan.html#na_write_rev

Thanks everyone!

Mine works perfectly!!

I'm quite satisfied. :)

Yes, that's the one, and I'm happy with it

Regards

hitchhikers_guide_tv_titles2.jpg

Officially the question is:

The number 42 is, in Stavromula Beta. In 1994 Adams created the 42 Puzzle, a game based on the number 42.

The book 42: Douglas Adams' Amazingly Accurate Answer to Life, the Universe and Everything[15]

examines Adams' choice of the number 42 and also contains a compendium

of some instances of the number in science, popular culture, and humour.

[unquote]

And can found here also: <a data-ipb="nomediapubik" data-cke-saved-href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrases_from_The_Hitchhiker" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrases_from_The_Hitchhiker" s_guide_to_the_galaxy"="">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrases_from_The_Hitchhiker's_Guide_to_the_Galaxy

And here: a fun one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/42_(number)

The above is why I have a large No 42 on the back door of my IQ !

post-129306-0-97710400-1403961677_thumb.

• 4 years later...

Your link doesn't work. I think the one from banggood is for most Toyota. I want to know whether your one has the extra cables or just a obd plug on its own.

Sorry the above one failed as well

go to eBay and search for Toyota auto door lock module and you should find it

David

My search for that brings up all sort of incorrect items. Do you have an item number for it, and what price is it.

Ok I use the item number from your 1st link. Its about £26 from China. 

There is no selection on the drop down menu for Yaris hybrid, I assume this item is generic and will be ok for my car?

# I had a more detailed looked it, a hybrid car needs the wires connected to the steering column while non hybrid don't. So the one from banggood is what I need and at a good price. 

^ + £6 shipping. 

I have ordered the one from bang good with 10% new customer discount making is 16.20. I think the hybrid model requires an extra connection to the steering wheel. Will try without that connection when I get the device and report back. Thanks for your help anyway. 

• 5 weeks later...

Update. 

So the device arrived and no separate fitting into the port, just fitting straight into the steering wheel cabling, not as in the photo advertised. So I will have to sort that out with the seller. 

I then ordered the above one. Got it, tried it and works fine without extra cable. There are a couple of things I don't like the extra features it has, which is the hazard light comes on when in reverse and also when the door is opened until shut. Mmmh...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Xophe,

Sorry to bother you.  The cubits link does not load correctly.  Cannot search for the item you purchased to auto lock your doors on the IQ.  Any ideas of the part number or name of the item.

The web site won't allow you to search for anything of a similar nature.

Cheers,

Teenie

Hi Teenie, 

I kept several links for those devices, but all of them died... It seems the european companies who sold them stopped their activities. 

However you can find many similar products on aliexpress.com, by searching: "Toyota speed lock" . You'll find manufacturers like Leamore or Winsgo. They rarely mention IQ, but Yaris or Auris use the same principle.

Good luck ! 

Christophe