Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Adapter To Listen To Music From Mobile Devices

Alex10

Does anyone know a good solution for listening to music collections from iPhone or iPad in the car? I know that there are special car adapters for this. Can you suggest any? I was googling and the best reviews for connecting Apple devices has AUX Link car adapter. But before buying it I'd like to get some more information...Is someone using it? What's your opinion? Any other solutions?

This AUX Link is the one I bought for my Toyota Corolla almost one year ago. Totally satisfied. Great sound, no technical problems so far. Had to spend more time than I expected to install it, but finally it worked out well. I was buying here AUX Car Kits It's official store so they have lowest prices (at least when I was buying it) and free delivery.

• Like 1

My wife uses one of these..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/through-portable-quality-line-out-GoGadgets®/dp/B005FHN1PE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393406826&sr=8-1&keywords=car+charger+and+aux

It charges the device and plays music through the Aux but what makes it really good is that it only costs £3.00 :clap:

• Like 1

My wife uses one of these..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/through-portable-quality-line-out-GoGadgets®/dp/B005FHN1PE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393406826&sr=8-1&keywords=car+charger+and+aux

It charges the device and plays music through the Aux but what makes it really good is that it only costs £3.00 :clap:

How about the quality of the sound? Looks too cheap, just a few cables, no adapter...

It sounds fine, how many leads did you want :)

One for the sounds to aux and one to charge, It beats paying £ 70.00 to £ 100.00from Apple.

It works on her phone and Ipad or failing that you could get a bluetooth FM transmitter and tune in your radio.

• Like 1

This AUX Link is the one I bought for my Toyota Corolla almost one year ago. Totally satisfied. Great sound, no technical problems so far. Had to spend more time than I expected to install it, but finally it worked out well. I was buying here AUX Car Kits It's official store so they have lowest prices (at least when I was buying it) and free delivery.

I like this AUX Link. Specially because it can be also used as a charger for mobile devices and it's possible to control the music using the buttons on the steering wheel or standard car radio. Specially like this - Bluetooth dongle. Which means this AUX Link can also be used as a hands-free kit :yahoo:

Why not give these guys a call, they did this job on my wifes Mercedes, they are called Pulse and the shop is in Hadleigh in Essex, their phone no. is 01702 554433. I actually paid £150.00 for them to do the work but i am sure they will just sell or advise you what lead to buy as they are very helpful, if you want to to the work yourself they may post you one?The way they fitted my wifes one was to drill a small hole in the corner of the glove box, she plugs her ipod into it which has 1000's of tunes on it........................they tuned the radio to accept it on button 0 on a frequency of 88 on the radio head as there are no radio stations there, when the ipod is turned on if your car has an electric retractable aerial then the aerial goes down when the ipod is being used.

The very latest ipod's have something called a lightening connector but the lead they fitted to my wifes car is not one of these, the one we have is approx an inch wide.

Regards Mike169

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

The Guys at Pulse will def be very helpful.

There are a great outfit

Guys, wanted to tell you about my personal experience. Finally made up my mind to buy AUX Link. I was trying to find the best deal and it's really cheaper to buy it at the official website AUX Car Kits. The adapter was delivered in just five days. At first I decided to try to install it myself, but experienced some problems extracting the OEM car stereo. So finally I had it installed in the nearest auto workshop. It took around 10 minutes. So far totally satisfied with the purchase.

Advantages:

- great sound

- can be used as a charger

- with bluetooth dongle works perfectly as a hands-free kit

- music control with buttons on the steering wheel and buttons on the car stereo (very convenient)

- read all music formats

- compatible with my iOS gadgets, but there is also a plug for other mobile devices

- delivery is free and fast

- takes very little space and doesn't spoil the interior

- now I can listen to all my favourite songs without carrying piles of CDs.

Disadvantages:

- relatively expensive as I also ordered additional bluetooth dongle

- could't easily extract the head unit so had to go to auto workshop

But taking everything into account, I guess it's a good price-quality ratio. So from my point of view it's worth it.

• 1 year later...

I really like AUX Link and so far this is the best USB/iPod/AUX adapter I've found. I've already had one for my Toyota Verso for almost a year and now I've ordered the same adapter for my wife's Mini as a Christmas present.

The only negative comment is that this company always fails to deliver on time! They promise 3-7 days, but finally you receive the adapter in 10-12... So if you buy it as a present for someone, keep in mind adding some 15 days to get it for sure....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links