Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Noisy Ride?

siallwhite

My t sport 03 Celica is a really noisy ride does anyone else have issues with theirs? Knocking and creaking from boot area and car rattles and knocks a lot going over small bumps in the road. Iv had it checked over by 2 different garages for bearings etc. All appears fine. All I was told is if it's original suspension which it prob is the tops maybe just bit old and makes the noise for the age of the car. Has anyone replaced all there suspension and at what cost? My new 18" alloys are only going to make it worst. Been told it's fine and safe but sounds like it's falling apart! Maybe I should expect this from a11 year old car

hi, my car does the same. It squeaks over bumps and it really does sound like there is a shock issue however its a squeak not a knocking and everything has been checked and is fine. My next thought is to strip all the plastic from the boot and see if that eliminate the issue however its quite a lot of work. If anyone has any other ideas then please help!!!

I stripped the boot and no different, going to try put some grease round all boot hinges rear seat hinges and boot latch see if this helps at all. Could be something you put up with in an older car but it drives you mad. Maybe put some adhesive backed foam behind all plastic trim to cushion and support them a bit? Iv heard people mention soundproofing their celicas, is it cos of this or is that more to prevent outside noise? Any advice on this appreciated too.

thats not a bad idea! also my boot struts are getting a bit soft now and they squeak when i open the boot and then bounce the back of the car. it sounds the same but could this be the issue? does the struts move in and out a little when the boot is shut???

I have soundproofed the back of my car.

I used 2mm silent coat sound deadening http://www.silentcoat.co.uk/vibration-damping/silent-coat-bulk-pack

Followed by this stuff on top http://www.silentcoat.co.uk/sound-damping/isolator-8

And then I put this on the back of the plastic panels http://www.silentcoat.co.uk/contact-damping/absorber-15

I did it in the boot, side panels in the back, front doors and under the rear seats. I used two layers in most places and 4mm thick for the wheel well area.

Hasn't made much difference to the road noise, I am hoping when I get time to be able to take the front seats out and the carpet and do the floor, and then the roof and really hope it cuts the noise down a bit more, otherwise it has been a waste of money.

All the gen 7's seem to be the same, lots of road noise and squeaking from inside, some of it is the tools and jack under the boot carpet and also the parcel shelf.

My spoiler also seems to make a bit of noise when I go over bumps in the road.

Rear tyres can also be an issue, cheaper tyres can tend to make more noise, and due to the rear camber on the gen 7 they wear unevenly which can also cause a noise that sound sounds like the wheel bearings are on their way out.

Well at least I know that is not just me! Thanks for the info. I'm looking at a full ICE install anyway so will be sound deadening anyway plus I can always just turn up the volume lol