Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boot Leak 2008 Auris

Auris Girl 08

hello friends

I was getting my car ready for its annual service tommorrow and have noticed water in my boot and an ugly puddle under the spare wheel.. I am not sure where the water is coming from or how it has happened, but i am surprised an 2008 car is doing this..

how much am I looking at to get this repaired, is there anywhere in west london where I could get it done for less, as I know toyota are gonna be extortionate!

Best to find out where the water egress is coming from, mark lines with chalk and use a hose to simulate rain.

Once you know where the leak is it will be easier to address it.

I also have this problem. I have checked and mine is coming through the vent seal that has failed.

I phoned the dealer today who said I cant get the seal seperately as it comes part of the vent. Is this correct? I was hopinh just to buy the seal rather than the whole vent.

Thanks for the responses... Seems like a common issue, clearly a factory fault, which owners are having to pay for to be repaired out of thier own pockets which is not fair really....

I will see what Toyota Service says tommorrow and update you...

Probably more to do with time now, and seals perishing.

This is the newest car ive ever owned and 2008 is not really that old for seals to be perishing really...

This is the newest car ive ever owned and 2008 is not really that old for seals to be perishing really...

Various cleaning products can cause premature decay in seals.

I took it for service to toyota and they said theres nothing they can do...

Even if the car is 6 years ols, I would never expect issues like this to occur. I had my last car for 10 years and had no seal leak issues... maybe toyota cars are not as strong and reliable as they were percieved to be...

Its disheartening coz toyota charge £102 per labour hour and they have said I am initally looking at £300 labour charge coz they reckon they will take 3 hours to strip the back of the car. My hands are tied, coz im never gonna know what they will do and will just have to pay..

Is there no-one who can provide some help in finding where the leak is coming from by the judicious use of a hose and water, and then fix the leak using some silicone sealant?

Links to the topics which have been provided, give info on where the leaks commonly come from, and how to fix them.

I too have/had a leak in both sides of the boot - it didn't reach the spare wheel well though it wasn't too bad.

I had the rear vent seal warranty fix 3 years ago.

It took me less than an hour to remove rear boot trim and have a good luck around - this was a week after i discovered the initial leak. By then one side was dry and the other was every so slightly damp.

Tried to recreate 'heavy rain' and could not detect any moisture around the rear lights or anywhere else.

Either my vent seals have failed again, or water is coming through the vent itself - the flaps did look a bit 'water stained' - i was driving in very heavy rain prior to my initial detection of the leak.

I'm just gonna keep an eye on it for now will post any updates!