Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Do I Remove The Roof Lining?

Heathie

Hi, any help appreciated. I want to remove the roof lining so that I can wrap the roof with Carbon Fiber to match my bonnet and then replace the aerial with an amplified shark fin aerial.

I just want any tips before I start.

Thanks for any help

Sorry mate just seen your post. I haven't removed mine before but i can look up the method on my workshop manual in the morning. I assume you can wait lol

David

Where does one get a copy of this manual? Inquiring minds want to know...

(And, I've not forgotten the light - just have been too busy to stand in line at the post office for a half hour. It's coming back, don't worry...)

Heathie

Just had a look at the workshop manual and there are a lot of things to remove before you can remove the lining and some of the component removals are particular to the model.

The procedure is to big to put on here

PM me and i will help you

David

As discussed with you last week David. Really not easy to do

AFAIK you'll need to remove the 'A' pillar plastic, strip out the rear 'lower' plastics (They hold in the top plastics with a lip), the sun-visors, the alighting handles (Whatever the proper name is), interior light AT LEAST.

That's about as much as I can visualise ATM from my nice warm lounge without going out into the rain lol.

Si

Si

Gave heathie the thing i gave you before you went home so he will be dorted now

David

• 8 years later...

Wife's written off 2013 iQ has now been replaced with a 2014, so a few things to do; (1) replace factory aerial with DAB compliant, (2) install new Dashcam. Without (2) we wouldn't have been able to convince the insurers that my wife was not at fault for the write off.

Just ordered a service manual but would like to get on with this ASAP in order to install the above properly and without the risk the fouling the airbags in any way.

Can anyone please kindly send me a PDF of the factory removal and reinstallation process of the rooflining please if they have it?

Thanks in advance (2014 1.0 iQ2 CVT)

• Like 1

Okay, got some idea just putting several posts together:

1. Remove bottom rear trim (pain in the ***)
  2. Remove centre door light (easy)
  3. Remove side grab handles (not too bad)
  4. Remove sunvisors and brackets (pain in the ***)
  5. Untape all the leads attached to the liner as you go along (What sort of tape is that? Pain in the ***)
  6. Crease liner as you go along :wink:. (Or try not to)
  7. Anything else?
  8. Unbolt rear safety belt anchors after realising the lastmost rear panels were otherwise unremovable (14mm socket)
  9. Detach and reattach door seals as appropriate (easy)
  10. Ignore passing banshees shouting "t***" by the roadside

For Aerial

1. Detach ground and antenna from rear offside connectors (behind rear seat belt anchor)
  2. Remove 22mm roof nut from antenna assembly
  3. Depress plastic anchors to remove antenna so it pulls through roof aperture

• Like 1