Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bull Bars/spot Light Bars.

mudinuri

I see some RAVs driving around with very nice small Bull bars attached.

Any idea where I can lay my hands on one?

My car 1998 RAV-4 2.0L petrol 3 door.

I just happen to have one that I got with the intension of fitting to my 2003 rav Mk2,then realised it was for a Rav Mk1..After I'd started buffing it up !!! It's stainless steel and in good nick...

I believe they are illegal to fit on a road going car - and so they should be as they increase the risk of injury to pedestrians involved in an impact with them! Fine off road in fields though

Bull bars became illegal to fit on 25th May 2007. This doesn't apply to vehicles which had them fitted before this date. Presumably if one were stopped by the police, one would need to have proof (receipt of similar) that the item was purchased before the due date. Sellers selling bull bars after this date are liable for fines of up to £20,000.

Hi,

Thanks for all your replies.

I must admit it wasn"t really a Bull Bar I was after, I want someway to fit a couple of spotlights to the front of my RAV and I thought a Bullbar would be the easiest way to do it. The Headlights on my RAV are absolute rubbish and I do have a pair of brilliant spotlights in the shed that I want to fit, so any ideas how I can do that?

Cheers

What is the issue with the headlights - are the lenses yellowed, the bulbs not bright enough, or both?

Hi,

The bulbs are rubbish, but I thought rather than buy new ones I would fit the pair of quality spotlights I"ve got, but thinking about it I might just go and buy a couple of new bulbs.

cheers

If you buy new bulbs on the web, compare prices with Amazon - for bulbs from Osram, Philips, Ring and the like, I've found Amazon to be cheaper.

Also have a look at the following topic on yellowed headlights: http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/146892-headlight-cleaning/

No need to buy special restorer - things like toothpaste and normal car polish have been used with good results.

Thanks all for your replies. I have now decided not to fit a Bull Bar following advice from a fellow Toyota Club member. So thanks for your offers, but no thanks. I will now probably buy decent bulbs to replace the ones on my car.

Thanks all.

You could always do what I did. ...roof lights. ( if the picture shows )

post-70926-0-42057700-1394140467_thumb.j

Anyone remember or have the spotlight that stuck on the inside of the windscreen,Think they were Helphos lamps

Del

Edit I see they are listed on eBay. Blimey it was yonks ago I had one