Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2004 D-4D T-Spirit

rover76

Hi folks.

As i need to disconnect my Battery on my Avensis , i was wondering if it would upset the radio and need a code?

Radio is down as a W53904.

Thanks for any help.

Mark.

Thanks, gone through that page , no signs of needing codes. :)

there isn't a Mk IV

As for as I know you do not need a code:

You may be interested in this, everything you wanted to know about your ICE but were to afraid to ask... :)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/131781796/Toyota-Standaard-Radio

correct no code on avensis mk1,mk2, mk3 and mk4 avensis

there isn't a mk4 Avensis - we are currently on the mk3 .

there isn't a Mk IV

As for as I know you do not need a code:

You may be interested in this, everything you wanted to know about your ICE but were to afraid to ask... :)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/131781796/Toyota-Standaard-Radio

correct no code on avensis mk1,mk2, mk3 and mk4 avensis

there isn't a mk4 Avensis - we are currently on the mk3 .

not officially but toyota uses life cycle updates / facelifts. but facelists should be where they change the headlights and bumpers and not entire gearboxs and engines.

its easier for you to understand the changes in the if you remb them as below.

mk1 - came with the 1cte engine.

mk2 - was the same body shape as the mk1 but came with the d4d engine.1cd-ftv

mk3 - was the 1cd-ftv which was the 2003 to 2006 with the 1cd-ftv engine new body shape

mk4 - was the same body shape and the mk3 but with the 1ad-ftv engine

do you know what i mean now ?. even when i have been into most dealers they have asked which exactly which car it is.

Well, by your system we are then on the Mk6 (& afaik neither Mk 5 or 6 need radio codes either)? better imo if you link it to official Toyota i.e. T220/T220 facelift, T250/T250 facelift, T270/T270 facelift..

On the Fordownersclub forum they use .5 to denote a facelift e.g. the Focus that I had was classed as a Mk2.5 (i.e. a Mk2 facelift) - seems a fairly good system to me?

Well, by your system we are then on the Mk6 (& afaik neither Mk 5 or 6 need radio codes either)? better imo if you link it to official Toyota i.e. T220/T220 facelift, T250/T250 facelift, T270/T270 facelift..

On the Fordownersclub forum they use .5 to denote a facelift e.g. the Focus that I had was classed as a Mk2.5 (i.e. a Mk2 facelift) - seems a fairly good system to me?

Correct. No radio codes needed. The Toyota official ways to denote the cars are pretty poor.

eg the 2003> 2006 had 2 changes.. the rear brake lights were changed and the side light positions on the front were changed as well.

from 2006 till 2009 they changed the lights again, the grill and bumper design.

its easier for me to understand, but yes they are not actuall MKs but facelift changes.

I like fords way, toyota should adopt to Model number FL1 / Model number FL2. Its easier to know where yu are.

Maybe I should start usingt he official designations! :p