Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Hybrid Tourer - Jack

Tutchy

Hi all

Due to pick up my new 13 reg Toyota Auris Icon tourer hybrid next week, I know the car only has a tyre repair kit rather than a space saver wheel however can I confirm the car should still come with a jack?

Not picking up the car from a main toyota dealer so want to make sure no accessories have been removed from the car.

Thanks for your help

Tutchy

Don't think so. The tyre repair kit is supposed to re-inflate a punctured tyre - you wouldn't need to change the wheel, so wouldn't need a jack.

I suppose Toyota was bound to go the same way as others, keeps costs down and weight down.

No good if tyre is damaged before you can stop and I have read some reports of repairers saying they cant do a repair because of the sealant inside the tyre, so new one required.

Anyone had a problem with this?

My car has a jack in the compartment right hand side of the boot, it also has a wheel brace, I bought a plug type tyre repair kit to keep in the boot in case I could fix a puncture myself.

As for the tyre sealant problem, if you have a puncture and have to use it then you can go to a Toyota dealer and they will repair the puncture free of charge without the need to make an appointment.

I bought the 'Dynaplug' kit which I hope will save a lot of messing about with the repair goo, the last pucture I had was fixed by Toyota with a rubber plug, so i assume they are safe to use.

Hope this helps

regards Chris

My Avensis came with a puncture sealant repair kit & a jack.

Thanks guys

Hopefully looks like it should come with a jack, I think it should as would like the option to rotate tyres without have to go to my local garage.

I have exactly the same vehicle you do.

Mine came with all the equipment to change the wheel, except the wheel, but also includes a can of gunk. If you want a proper full sized spare wheel the scrapyard is a good option. The well in the boot is more than large enough for the spare and the tools all fit in the tray between the rear seats and the lift up panel.

Hi Phil_L

Thanks for the info, I think a full size spare from the scrap yard is going to be a good idea I assume any standard 15 inch steel wheel will do.

Do you have any tips of anything else I might need to look closely at when picking up the car?

Hope I'm doing the right thing with the Tourer hybrid never had a hybrid or an automatic before and was really torn between the Auris,Octavia and Ceed the later being my current car which I've had since 2007 with no problems at all.

Thanks again

Tutchy

Looked in the boot of a new Hybrid Tourer this morning and it has the jack etc, all except the spare wheel.