Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Interior Fuse Box Problem

Vishal

Hi everybody,

Initially, I had problems with my interior back roof light not lighting. A relative pretending to be knowing where the problem lies, opened the fuse box just underneath the booth and started removing the fuses saying to be testing them. After the testing and putting them back, now the front roof light also has stopped working! Worst to come, my AC also is not functioning, and everytime I switch off and on the ignition key, the time is being reset. What I believe has happened is that he has interchanged the fuses while putting them back.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Vishal

Hi everybody,

Initially, I had problems with my interior back roof light not lighting. A relative pretending to be knowing where the problem lies, opened the fuse box just underneath the booth and started removing the fuses saying to be testing them. After the testing and putting them back, now the front roof light also has stopped working! Worst to come, my AC also is not functioning, and everytime I switch off and on the ignition key, the time is being reset. What I believe has happened is that he has interchanged the fuses while putting them back.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Vishal

Where you have been messing about, should be a fuse layout sticker you need to double check the fuses are in the correct order.

Please ensure you are holding the layout correct before attempting anything.

It is a very bad idea you randomly changes fuses. - naughty

Thanks cmia,

I can't find the layout sticker, I have looked for it. Do you think it is going to be a good idea if I have to the fuse box of another car, I mean same type?

if tis the same year, same shape and same engine eg petrol / diesel then yes.

what avensis do you have ?

if you still have the orginal manual, maybe a copy exists in their..

https://www.google.com/search?q=avensis+fuse+box&client=firefox-a&hs=Z66&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&channel=sb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=OlkUU4xUlJDsBuC5gPAI&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=812

Hi,

I have managed somehow to get the AC working by rearranging the fuses using the diagram on page 1 as per attached file.

But the lights, I mean every interior lights to start with the 2 on the side of the front doors, the 2 interior dome lights(front and rear) and the compartment luggage light are still not working.

Also, the door indicator does not show up when I open the doors. The chime (sound indicating open doors) also has gone out.

The clock is still being reset to 12.00 each time I turn on the ignition key.

I would be most grateful if someone can explain the function of each of the fuses in the attached files.

Many thanks.

Vishal.TOYOTA AVENSIS RELAY LOCATION 1.pdf

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links