Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mpg Check

brimar947

I have just bought a new Yaris T Spirit Automatic. Does anyone know how to set the cruise computer for an average mpg for a set distance. I would assume that one of the trip meters would be set to zero and then do 'something else'. I am sure that the salesperson said that it could be done but how?

Dunno what type of "Curise computer" there is in your T-spirit.. but best way to work out the average MPG is to fill the tank to the brim... record the mileage, or reset the trip computer

drive around as normal until your at least down to the last quater...fill it to the brim again...and not the mileage.

now you know how far you've been...and the number of litres of fuel used.

Change the litres into Gallons No. Litres multiplied by 0.206 .. now you have the number of Gallons..and the miles...hence the MPG

Vipes

i dont think the LCD panel can display that.

Mne only does average MPG or L/100 and current comsumption

Get on average mpg on trip computer (radio display) Then when start journey hold average fuel consumption button down and will reset to 0. Further drive mor accurate will be.

How many litres of petrol does the Yaris hold?

Ta,

I thought it was 45 so I'd put that in the mpg calculator against 270 miles (think I usually get about that with a full tank), so 37.5 gives me a slightly better figure.

Not much though at 32.73 mpg!

Aye it's 45 litres to a tank.... but how do you know you did 270 miles to a Tank?

Ran her dry..run out of gas? and 37 isn't all that great for the model you have. Should be easily hitting 45. Grief, I'm averaging 42 in the TS. Depends on the conditions though I guess.

The Yaris has a 45 litre fuel tank.

At the moment I am averaging 40.0 mpg in a 1.3 (according to the fuel computer)

I get about 50-55 on mine, when i drive sensible, then i get mad driving like a granny then i get about 42 ish with a heavy right foot!

Aye it's 45 litres to a tank.... but how do you know you did 270 miles to a Tank?

Ran her dry..run out of gas? and 37 isn't all that great for the model you have. Should be easily hitting 45. Grief, I'm averaging 42 in the TS. Depends on the conditions though I guess.

42!!! My average won't go above 28. Then again I'm a bit throttle happy.

Yeah, me mum can get hers to about 55 ish, mine never goes above 40 for long, funny that :)

Mat

Don't know for definite it's 270, but I 'think' that's what I usually get on the clock - and that's before it's run out of gas too so I never know how much is left over. I'll do a proper calculation, and I'll try to drive more sensibly too!

im getting 36.9mpg out of my t-sport and that has been not resetting the display since new, also it averages 325 miles to a to tank :hokus-pokus:

I do around 42-43 mpg in my T Sport. Mixed driving though, some town, bit of dual carriageway, twisty B roads and lots of hills! Not bad really. B)

the hills you talk about ,are they all downhill...free wheeling :lol::lol::lol:

Down lots of hills, then up a hill on dual carriageway, then flat roads to work. Reverse order on the way home!

Do about 65 miles round trip daily.

:rolleyes:

how many miles has your yaris done? as they seem to get better the more miles they have on the clock!!! mines only done 4500 miles..................

My yaris t-sport was gettin about 29/30 mpg....that was on 17's and that without driving with a heavy right foot....my 2 litre clio is getting 34mpg WTF?!?!?

9.9 gallons

or

37.475584089154036006844025861938 litres

thats US Gallons silly

1 gallon = 4.546 litres

therefore 9.9*4.546= 45.0054litres