Do Not Sell My Personal Information

That Aygo Clutch!

YellaBowley

Evening all,

I apologise as this may well have (sort of) been covered elsewhere but I'm hoping this is a slightly different angle.

My Aygo has now covered almost 80,000 miles and the clutch is on it's way out. My mechanic has quoted me approx. £270 for a new one fully fitted and has said that I've done well as he has replaced a clutch on a C1 after 15,000 miles!!

Now I'm aware that it's a common problem but I cover 20-25k a year in my Aygo and so I like to fit uprated parts wherever possible. I tend to use motorsportworld.co.uk as they seem to offer decent value and a massive choice but they don't offer any clutch kits for the Aygo/C1/107 whatsoever. I've seen various references to the Yaris clutch on here but is it a straight swap? My mechanic has said that the replacement clutches he has fitted previously have all been slightly bigger than the original part so a bit of a size difference is obviously ok. Unfortunately the Yaris uprated clutches start at the £340 mark purely for parts so alternative suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

As I've said any suggestions would be appreciated as I'm probably going to take the plunge in the next few weeks before it gives up entirely.

Thanks in advance.

A larger clutch - 190mm instead of 180mm - was fitted to Aygos from 2009. I understood it was the same 190mm clutch as fitted to the Yaris

Nice one cheers. I'll suggest this to my mechanic but he did mention that the ones he gets supplied are slightly bigger without him asking for anything other than a standard clutch, so it might be that this is what is now supplied as standard.