Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 Tourer, Water In Spare Wheel Well....

ooglewoogle

Just discovered an inch or two of water in the spare wheel well yesterday (....that would account for the excess condensation problem then!). I was wondering if anyone knew whether this was a known fault on the tourer?

I haven't had time to investigate yet, but there doesn't appear to be any damp in the boot upholstery, but there is a little condensation in one of the light clusters. I am guessing it is either a vent seal or a lamp cluster seal. Any experience of same....or fixes?

Thanks once again....this forum has been a great help to me for a few things now.

Most of the topics on water leaking into the boot are for older Avensis models.

However the following topic would appear to have an answer to your issue, as it covers both the saloon and the tourer - http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/143477-t27-saloon-water-in-boot/?hl=%2Bwater+%2Bspare+%2Bwheel+%2Bwell

Other members have solved a similar issue with the Auris using sealant (bathroom, etc).

If you need to order new seals, try sending Parts King a personal message detailing your car and what you want - Parts King can be found on the Community page under Sponsors Corner (Lindop Toyota).

Most of the topics on water leaking into the boot are for older Avensis models.

However the following topic would appear to have an answer to your issue, as it covers both the saloon and the tourer - http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/143477-t27-saloon-water-in-boot/?hl=%2Bwater+%2Bspare+%2Bwheel+%2Bwell

Other members have solved a similar issue with the Auris using sealant (bathroom, etc).

If you need to order new seals, try sending Parts King a personal message detailing your car and what you want - Parts King can be found on the Community page under Sponsors Corner (Lindop Toyota).

Just a add on

should be using rubber mastic and not standard sealant.

Just a thought and certainly not he cure, i own a boat and they naturally get a bit damp inside, i just leave a dehumidifier on at times to dry it right out, stops all the mildew, condensation etc.

Just wondered if you bought one of these units, anything from £50 to £150 from a well know DIY supply company, not sure if i am allowed to put their name?

They collect more water vapour than you would imagine, dry out the entire vehicle and even warm it up a bit if you have access to 240v and can leave the vehicle sealed up otherwise if say you ran the power lead through a slightly open window all you would do is try and dry out the clouds, lol.

Regards Mike169

The rear quarter panel vents where known to leak on earlier mk3 Avensis, new vents where designed to cure the issue, when was the car registered and what mileage has it covered .

Thanks for all thoughts so far. I haven't got to do any obs yet, hopefully get out tomorrow. However, it did rain during the night with no apparent further ingress.

@ Devon Aygo, the car was registered end of June 2010 and has covered 46000 miles.

If the car was registered the end of June and with only 46,000 miles on the clock the car has a 5 year warranty, get it into the dealers for them to fix