Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Servicing

aurisgirl63

hi,I have a 63 plate Auris Icon,and am wondering,when the time comes,do I need to get it serviced by the main dealer,or can I use any garage?

I have an independent garage I usually use and trust.

thanks in advance

Nicky

Hello,

Most Toyota dealers are good.

They have fixed priced services.

Get it done by them to ensure your cars value does not depreciate quicker than the others.

if it's on a purchase plan etc. you may want to check to see if they specify.

If you own the car outright from new then due to block exemption regulations you can get it serviced at any professional (basically Toyota want VAT-registered) garage. To maintain the warranty you must comply with Toyota's service schedule & any parts, consumables etc. must be to Toyota oem standards (or better). Keep invoices/receipts etc & get book stamped..

If you purchased it used then block exemption regulations aren't in force & you would need to check with the wording of your warranty.

Toyota's fixed price services aren't that expensive especially as many (but not all) dealers will actually let you supply the parts/consumables (I usually save £30 a service by supplying my own oil). & a dealer service history does tend to have more value.

f there is any problem down the line Toyota does seem to look more favourably on people that have full dealer service histories.

The full terms and conditions are in your service book. You must have your car serviced in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations, this means you can take it to an independent garage if you wish, HOWEVER the service history will not be recorded centrally and it is up to you to make sure you keep all records and receipts in case you need to make a warranty claim, such as mileage / date / parts and oil receipts

Before you make the decision to take it elsewhere, just check out Toyota's fixed price servicing, it will be similar to having it done independently, and your service history is recorded on the Toyota database. A car with FTSH will hold a better residual price when you come to sell it

A full Toyota service history will help greatly if you need to make an out of warranty "goodwill" request at a later date, there will be no goodwill for having it serviced independently

Kingo :thumbsup:

Whilst the car is within its new car warranty period, under Block Exemption legislation you can get it serviced by any VAT-registered garage - but there are requirements for using parts which are suitable, so most people going down this avenue buy the manufacturer parts.

However, if there are any updates or items requiring attention via the service bulletin system that Toyota use, an independent garage won't have access to these.

Also should you keep it beyond the new car warranty period, by going outside of the Toyota dealer network for servicing, you will probably lose any goodwill from Toyota in terms of assistance with large repairs outside the warranty.

Servicing costs using the Toyota fixed price servicing scheme are here: http://www.toyota.co.uk/service-and-maintenance/car-servicing

hi,I have a 63 plate Auris Icon,and am wondering,when the time comes,do I need to get it serviced by the main dealer,or can I use any garage?

I have an independent garage I usually use and trust.

thanks in advance

Nicky

To be safe I would go to the main dealer as your car is still under warranty so you may have a manufacturer fault that would be fixed free.. After the 3 year warranty it does not matter where you get the car servicing done.

I believe I am right in saying that if an independent garage finds a problem that would be covered under warranty you would have to take the car to a main dealer to get it fixed.

My feeling is to stick with the main dealer while under warranty as it makes sense to keep everything under "one roof" so to speak.

When outside the warranty the world is your oyster.

When outside the warranty the world is your oyster.

Unless one goes for an extended warranty - which doesn't need to comply with Block Exemption legislation and where the warranty provider can legally specify where you have the car serviced in order to maintain the extended warranty.

In the case of Toyota extended warranties, servicing has to be carried out by a Toyota dealer.

• 3 weeks later...

Purchased my 8 month old Auris Tourer Icon Hybrid from a non Toyota dealer and as I intend to keep the car for at least 6 years thought I would find out about the Toyota service plan from my local dealer. I have now agreed a plan to cover the first 6 services which fixes the price of the services at today's prices on the Toyota website for the duration of the agreement I also agreed the 2 year brake fluid change for free and all MOTs free for the duration of the plan which is a good benefit for me as I haven't purchased via the Toyota network where I believe some dealers offer free MOTs with approved used cars. The plan means a monthly payment with no interest and the plan is fully paid 12 months prior to the final service with the option to opt out at anytime at the cost of a £25 admin fee or can be transferred free to any other Toyota.

I think it's a good deal as I expect service prices to go up by at least £10 each year thus giving me a minimum saving of £150 and easy monthly payments plus 4 free MOTs saving me another £218 at least.