Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Navi System For Toyota Wigo

gcleff

Hi i have purchased a new Wigo here in the philippines i believe its called aygo in other country it has a built in navi ready system odes anyone of you have an idea what driver to install in my navi system it has an sd card slot.

thanks in advance

Aygo and Wigo have the same platform but it is not the same model. I guess the navigation model in the old Aygo was a tom tom navigator.

Wigo - love that name.

You'll have to connect the Tom Tom to your computer and download the maps you need from Tom Tom's website.

As it is a new car, surely the Toyota dealer from whom you bought it will be able to 'point you in the right direction'.

Bad news mate, I don't think Tom Tom have an available map for the Philippines unless you try downloading south east asia maps. You would have to get a separate Garmin unit. Its a bit weird that toyota in that country don't check before selling the car with the tom tom unit though!

Looking at the info available for the Wigo ( Agya in other markets ) it is similar in principle to an Aygo but actually a different car built for Toyota by Daihatsu. Looking through a pars catalogue I gave not found a single part that shares with the Aygo.

The audio/nav is completely different to the Single Din Aygo audio with pop up TOMTOM, the Wigo has a double Din Touch screen which is fitted by the vehicle importers as it is not a factory option.

I suggest that the OP returns to their dealer to purchase the relevent SD card for the unit fitted if the unit is actually capable of Navigation.

Thanks for all your reply guys.

Thanks Devon, i was hoping i could find the exact file in the internet so that it will not cost me that much. and i already talked to my dealer its charging 600$ just for that SD Card they call chipset (they think im dumb that i dont know whats the difference of sd card and chipset).

It is a new model so i guess i have to wait for someone in the internet could provide the file in that SD card. for the meantime i have to rely on my imaps

Cheaper to just print off a map from google maps, plus I like using street view too as I can see where the place is before I get there. Sat Nav is there as a last resort if my memory fails me.

Thanks for all your reply guys.

Thanks Devon, i was hoping i could find the exact file in the internet so that it will not cost me that much. and i already talked to my dealer its charging 600$ just for that SD Card they call chipset (they think im dumb that i dont know whats the difference of sd card and chipset).

It is a new model so i guess i have to wait for someone in the internet could provide the file in that SD card. for the meantime i have to rely on my imaps

Toyota and their nav suppliers don't make it that easy, the SD cards contain software that prevents piracy of the information contained on them.

if it's a new car & Nav-equipped I'm surprised that it didn't come with an initial subscription. It would in the UK but obviously not there.

The system is described as 'navi-ready'.

Presume this is similar to an audio unit being 'DAB-ready' which, although compatible with DAB, needs a DAB tuner to actually receive DAB. Same with HD TV's - 'HD ready' TV's need an HD tuner or HD set top box to receive HD programmes - whereas 'Full HD' TV's have an HD tuner built in.