Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Condensation In Headlamps - Mk1 Auris Hybrid

Ammo84

Hi all

My Auris went in for a major service yesterday and I noted to the service guy that my car had a fog on both headlamps near the indicators on occasion, generally morning time. The said they'd look into it.

Later in the afternoon I had a call from the dealer to say they were replacing both headlamps. The car is a 12 plate. I thought is was weird that they headlamps had failed in less than 2 years but happy that Toyota had replaced them without messing about with other options.

I collected the car yesterday and the headlamps look brand new. I've asked the guy at the dealers to forward me a zero cost invoice to prove they have been replaced which he said he would do.

Has anyone else similar issues with there cars?

Ammo

Had no issues with condensation in any lights on both a 2009 and a 2012 Auris.

Maybe it was just an isolated issue with my car

Do you use a high power jet to wash your car?

Yeh I do. Could that be why? I generally avoid close contact unless under the arches. On really use it to rinse snowfoam off.

Could be, but really unless you aimed at the seals from a close distance, I would still classify it as a failure of the part, rather than anything to do with how you wash the car.

David

I guess it's good that toyota acknowledged that the part had failed and replaced with new. Definitely something you wouldn't expect for a 2 year old car. Either way Benfield Toyota in Leeds were A1 for customer service!

I've been changing a lot of headlights across the range don't think toyota can make them at moment

• Like 1

Probably the same thing with mine then. I got the invoice to show they had been changed through the post yesterday so I'll keep that as proof if I have any issues in the future.