Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Having A Rant

Wiz201

Got a renewal quote from Admiral, been with them since 2010 and had one fault claim and one third party blame claim, they've come up with a renewal figure of 1100! They just don't seem to reward the fact that I've stayed with them through thick and thin. I'm a 29 year old female but that doesn't seem to matter anymore.

Its a good thing Toyota are doing my insurance for free this year, and the fact that the Aygo is a cheaper car to insure, things can only get better.

In the words of Martin Lewis...........Never ever ever ever ever stick with the same company every year.........shop around

Insurance companies have various categories of driver they target and these target groups can change - could be that you've moved out of one of their target groups. If you have moved out of their target group, they won't be too bothered and will probably price the renewal so that you will move.

We've had both our car insurance policies with the same company for approx 9 years. I keep an eye on the renewal premiums each year and if they show any above-inflation rise, do an exercise then of comparing quotes, and if need, contact my company to see whether there is scope for a reduction, etc. I don't use comparison sites as only one is not owned, wholly or in part, by companies that provide insurance, and I doubt their impartiality.

Being a member of Which?, I do use their advice as I'm more interested in what a policy covers and the quality of service, than just the cost.

Incidentally both our policies reduced in price at renewal stage, with no change in circumstances.

• Like 1

Fully comp £ 134.00 , Don't you just love Aygo's

and that is insuring Raistlin !!

I don't think it'll be that cheap for me lol