Do Not Sell My Personal Information

B9017 Dab

Mechman

I have just sold my XT5 (it now lives with a very nice TOC family member) and bought a D-CAT SR (61 plate). This is fitted with the B9017 Satnav unit. It is listed as DAB but when the MW/DAB button is pressed I only get the MW. Do I need to buy any add-on to enable the DAB side? The radio is excellent and at the push of a button it will play and control all the music recorded on my iphone5 without the need of any connection but bluetooth.

Thanks in advance, Brian

don't know for sure but it's probably "DAB ready" meaning that you need to add a DAB module. For my similar-aged Avensis the official DAB tuner module fitted by a T dealer will run ~£430.

There are other options such as JustDAB.

Probably 'DAB ready' which means the unit is able to receive DAB radio, but needs a DAB tuner.

Similar to TV's where you get 'Full HD' which has an HD tuner installed, and 'HD Ready' which is able to receive HD buts needs a separate HD tuner/HD set top box.

I have the same unit and asked the same question a few months ago. Kingo gave me a price for the add on kit, very expensive, which put me off, also my research proved that the aerials which come with the kit are stick on clear plastic type stickers, which stick on the window. Reception is supposingly crap, so to me, its not worth the gamble. I spoke to a guy that has been fitting this type of kit for years and he said, to get them working properly, they need a aeriel on the roof or on the side windows, that sort of look like the old aeriels which you saw on cars when car mobile phones first came out. They proved to be a magnet for little gits to pull them off. And of course it also depends on the DAB reception in your area. Just a expensive gamble...good luck.

Thanks guys. The information is greatly appreciated. For the moment normal radio is fine. Regards Brian.