Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis 2009 Tourer T-Spirit Spare Wheel

Sean50

Hi folks I am looking for an 18 Alloy spare wheel for my tourer . anybody know the wareabouts of one.

Moved topic to 'Wanted' section - with link left in the Avensis club.

• Like 1

does it have to be 1 matching your existing 4 or will any 18" of same PCD & similar offset do? As I'm sure that you know your chances of finding a matching one are very slim indeed.

I picked up a space-saver 17" (my car came with a can of puncture repair gunk but yours may have come with?)

Hi Scott,

Many thanks for your reply. Well I brought the car Wednesday in the UK it has a set of 4 x 18 inch on it. yes when i checked the boot there was a toyota repair bottle present which expired June 2013 it would be nice to find the same !!! : ) tried eBay and so breaker in the UK. Not to fond of the Gunk stuff the 17 are standard on yours right. Need to have some kind of back up.

Regards

Sean

the 17" space saver has similar rolling radius as the 18"+225/45 profile or indeed a 17" plus 225/50 or 215/55.

If you are just looking for a spare wheel & don't care about matching your existing wheel (assuming that it's similar to mine) is 18x7.5J, PCD is 5x114.3 with an ET45 ( but you can vary that either side usually by ~5) but you could equally use a 17" & use the higher profile tyre.

Don't know how much that you know about Avensis but of the previous series (2003-2008) only the 2.2D uses 5x114.3 - all other engines used wheels with 5x100 so don't be caught out.l All T27s (2009-) use 5x114.3 irrespective of engine.

What's your budget?

The thing that will be harder to find & probably cost more is the expanded foam tray that goes above the wheel & carries the tools etc.. (luckily the scrappy that I got my spare from also had it as it was coming from a Tourer)

a) Mr. T will say that it's not listed for your car (as it didn't come with a spare) :death:

b ) if you find someone clever enough to work around the system they'll tell you that it lists for £180!!!

Oh, and you'll need the spare wheel retaining bolt but that's only a couple of ££s from your local Mr. T parts dept.

• Like 1

Astounding your knowledge yes it has alovely foam tray insert where my wheel should be, complete with gunk & pump £180 would be on the high side. Where is Mr T?

Ta

Been there already so I hope that I can spare you some time & effort.

ah, but when you fit a spare wheel your existing foam tray won't fit ...

Mr. T is your Toyota dealer.

If you want a quick fix (bear in mind that this is from a 2010 & recommended tyre life is 7 years) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Avensis-17-5-Stud-Unused-Space-Saver-Tyre-Jack-5-Stud-417001806007-/111241058832?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&fits=Model%3AAvensis&hash=item19e67bda10

or something a bit prettier http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-AVENSIS-09-10-11-12-13-17-INCH-SINGLE-ALLOY-WHEEL-WITH-TYRE-GOOD-TYRE-/261398713226?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&fits=Model%3AAvensis&hash=item3cdc93d38a

This should fit but a tyre will add to the cost http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1x-BK-Racing-18-x-7-5j-Wheel-Rim-Alloy-full-size-spare-replacement-repair-damage-/161242490323?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&hash=item258acd25d3

The other alternative is a new one from Mr. T. for probably ~£300+£175 for a new premium tyre ...

Excellent Sir you are a gent.

Thanks

Id like to suggest some thing else.

I am 99% sure the Lexus is200 / gs sport wheels fit the new avensis.

Maye try and source a used one and keep that as a spare.

they do but you have to watch the offset (GS300 seems better than IS).

Also, I suspect that a 7.5J let alone an 8J wheel may not allow for a flat floor with the tool tray above it.

Similarly RAV4 wheels should fit.