Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Airbag Fault Codes

tigerminx1

Hi all, my wifes' 03 yaris 1.0 vvti has had an airbag light on the dash for a while. It went into the Toyota dealers recently for a recall regarding something else....they took the opportunity to read the fault with a diagnostics reader, and when she picked the car up they gave her a print out withg the details on, which were......B0108 P.SQUIB TO +B.......B0133 P.T. RH TO -B..........B1100 AIR BAG SENSOR.

They told her that they could fix it and it would be in the region of £350.........Money's a little tight at the minute so i'd like to take it to a independent garage to get it done a bit cheaper if possible !

Can any one shed any light on these fault codes, what the problem is, is it the drivers airbag or the passenger airbag........any advice to point the garage in the right direction will help and hopefully make a cheaper job.........or maybes a job i can do myself..............Any help would be great.

Many thanks in advance !

You have too many separate fault codes to make a definitive repair diagnosis:

B1100 relates to a failure of the airbag control unit, but could be set along with the other codes being present

B0133 relates to an open/ short circuit fault in the RH seat belt pretensioner circuit, but could be spurious because of the above

B0108 relates to an open/ short circuit in the passenger airbag circuit, but as above could be spurious to B0100

You will need a repairer with access to suitable diagnosis equipment such a diagnostic computer and one capable of doing wiring harness testing following Toyota's diagnostic procedures.

Just to add to your issues this needs to be done before your next MOT as an airbag light is a failure.

Thanks for your reply....had it looked at ......and its the airbag ecu unit thats at fault...now on the hunt for one of them....Thanks again :)