Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Consumption

chrissy0753

Hi I have got a Yaris TR 1.3 2013 reg, which I have had from new. Could anyone tell me what I should expect to get fuel consumption? At the moment just with town use I am getting 33/34 to the gallon. If I go on a longer run then it increases to 42. I rang the Toyota garage who told me to run it in for 2000 miles and there should be some improvement. However I have reached that but the consumption is still no better. What consumption are others getting?

Thanks

To be honest I would think your car needs a few more miles under its belt before it starts to show its best fuel consumption. As a guide to the consumption other owners are getting, have a look at the Real MPG section of the Honest John website - http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/toyota/yaris-and-yaris-hybrid-2011/133-vvt-i

Also are you working on the figures produced by the car's trip computer or are these figures calculated on a brim-to-brim basis?

Hi yes I am using the trip computer but also making a note of every time I put fuel in, the price per gallon and the mileage. So far I have put in £300 for 1732 mileage. This works out at 17p a mile overall.

In addition you always get an increase in fuel consumption during the winter months, due to the colder weather, more cold starts, etc.

Hi, I have a MK2 1.33 and getting an average 49mpg with a mixture of town driving and motorway driving at 55-60mph. I know this is accurate as I keep a record on a spread sheet. My records started when I bought the car at 23k. it now at 39k.

This car is stop/start and there is a timer in the clocks showing the total time in ECO mode (time engine stopped ) at red lights etc. Time now showing 19 hours.

the engine oil used is 5w30. if 0w20 was used the mpg figures may be slightly higher but 0w20 oil is very expensive.

Thanks for your replies. For 10 years until I had this new one I had a 2003 Colour Collection 1ltr, which never did less than 43 to the gallon.

I thought that as the engines were now supposed to be more finely tuned that I would get something similar with the new one, even though it is a slightly bigger engine.

Well you're not comparing like with like.

Your original Yaris had the smaller 1.0 litre engine and weighed 860kg. Your current Yaris has a larger 1.33 litre engine and weighs 1080kg. So a larger,45% more powerful engine and 220kg heavier car - equivalent to having two 17.5 stone people sitting in your car.

The weight difference is probably due to all the extra bodyshell strengthening, the safety equipment, additional convenience equipment, etc that your current Yaris has over your original.

On the plus side your current Yaris is far, far safer

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links