Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1.4D Vs 2.2D; Engine Mounts

eiriksmil

I'm doing some research for a possible future project.. The 1.4D in the Auris is the same unit as the Yaris, correct or not? And for the Auris, the 2.2D has the same or different chassis/engine mounts as the 1.4D?

Tried Google but saw nothing. Thanks in advance!

The Toyota 1.4 D4D engine (1ND-TV) is used in a variety of cars including the Auris, Yaris, Urban Cruiser, IQ, etc and the 2000-2006 Mini.

The 2.2 and 2.0 D4D engines are a different family of engines - being the 2AD-FTV, 2AD-FHV and 1AD-FTV engines. Don't know whether the engine mounts for the 1.4 and 2.2 are the same.

Whilst the same basic engine the engine between 1.4 d Yaris & Auris are different due to engine mount positions. Also the 1.4d and 2.2d have different mounts as well, the 1.4 d Auris also varies by age 2007>2009 5speed then 2009>6speed

Thanks man. I'll have to look a little furter into it for sure.. 1.4D ex work van Versos are becoming pretty cheap, I reckon one with a 2.2D would make for some fun times.. :) I was hoping a 2.2 would perhaps bolt up with 1.4 mounts.

Thanks man. I'll have to look a little furter into it for sure.. 1.4D ex work van Versos are becoming pretty cheap, I reckon one with a 2.2D would make for some fun times.. :) I was hoping a 2.2 would perhaps bolt up with 1.4 mounts.

It wont be that simple..

You will need to probably do the following

Engine mount and gearbox mountings.

ecu and engine wiring.

ecu and enging wirings to work with the cluster and the rest of the electronics.

Oh wouldn't be a walk in the park at all.. But electronics can be worked around (a stock front/engine harness with a stock ecu and custom cluster harness or a a custom harness with a modified stock/standalone ecu).. Depends if you want to run all stock sensors and have a oem working motor or not. If the engine bolts up without welding new mounts in the engine bay it's a much easier start. I'm used to VWs where you more or less can build a 1.8T 6-speed 85 Golf with newer oem parts lol.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links